Bricked Nexus 7

adamrouse123

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I have what I think is a bricked tablet. I was trying to install clockworkmod recovery to then go on to install slim bean. I am confident in unlocking and rooting with wugfresh but never tried to flash a ROM before. The guide I used either led me the wrong way or I didn't follow it correctly and now I'm looking at an android laying on his back with a red exclamation mark. When I connect back to wugfresh and try to flash stock ROM any attempt to write anything is followed by an invalid command text. I can access boot loader but that's about it. It will boot up to the white Google logo and no more. Any ideas guys, I'm kicking myself I didn't read more before attempting this.

Adam

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

lucky sevens

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried this: If your tablet is on, power it off.
Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it.
Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press Power to select it.
Note: If at any point during the above steps your tablet becomes unresponsive, you can restart it by holding down the power button for several seconds.

adamrouse123

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hmm thanks for the reply lucky sevens when I clock recovery it instantly takes me back to a black screen with white Google and padlock symbols. Also in the top corner written very small is the words booting failed :s

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4