Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Lock screen problems WITHOUT a case

The problem occurs at the home screen. I'll swipe to unlock the device, the screen goes blank, and then the lock screen pops up again as if I woke up the device using the power button. It will continue to cycle back to lock screen as I swipe over and over until I hold down all three buttons and restart the device. Sometimes this works and I can log in; other times, I'm right back where I was. But almost always after a successful start and swipe, the screen will go blank after using the device for a little while and then goes into its cycle.

I'm running 4.3 and am rooted. I have another Nexus 7 (2012) that is also running 4.3 and is rooted and has not had any problems at all. I have read MANY boards of people with similar issues, but mine is a little bit different. I do have the Poetic magnetic case, but the tablet hasn't been in there after reading that was the problem. So no magnet interference. Also, I turned off the Auto Brightness and still had the problem. Unlike many others, I do not have the charging or waking problems that a lot of people experienced, and I popped off the back cover and all of the connections (battery, lcd + digitizer, power and volume buttons) are secure. I performed a factory reset and even swapped batteries with my original tablet and the problem remained. I'm at such a loss.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it??? I bought this tablet on Craigslist for my girlfriend, so there is no chance of returning it to the store.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Lock screen problems WITHOUT a case

Anyone? Anyone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No one else is having a problem with their lock screen like this???

Welcome to Android Central! I think part of the lack of response is the fact that you've already done so much to try to solve the problem. I was going to suggest a factory reset, but you've done it already!

I think I might have read a similar post a while back, but it isn't a common problem mentioned on these forums. What happens if you get rid of the lockscreen altogether? Settings/Display/Security/Screen Lock, then select None. Of course, then you don't have any security on your tablet, but at least you can see if it still works correctly otherwise.
    mr_nobody likes this.