[SOLVED] Anyone having an issue with G+ notifications (esp if you're still on 4.2)?

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Ran into a problem where G+ on my Nexus 7 could not see that I had G+ notifications. See attached pic... Nexus 7 on the left, and Nexus 4 on the right. The n4 correctly reported I had 2 notifications, but the N7 was clueless.

gplus_notification.jpg

I temporarily corrected the issue by going into app settings and uninstalling all updates, reverting back to the factory version of G+. I'm still running a rooted 4.2 stock ROM (haven't gotten around to putting on 4.3 yet), so maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone having an issue with G+ notifications (esp if you're still on 4.2)?

So the notification bell doesn't show new ones even if you swipe down to refresh? Is Google+ set to auto-sync under Settings/Accounts-Google/[your Google account]?

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone having an issue with G+ notifications (esp if you're still on 4.2)?

Yes, that was it! I turned off G+ syncing because I was trying to prevent G+ photos from syncing with the N7's photo gallery. I didn't know notifications were a part of the sync process :p lol

BTW: If anybody ever wanders in here from a Google search and find that syncing is off and can't figure out how to turn it back on, it's in the settings menu under Data Usage.