- 7 Posts
Nexus 7 2012 - Low Battery - Strange Situation with WiFi
OK, I let my Nexus 7 die to to low battery. I refused to come on even when reconnected to power. I used the Change/disconnnect/connect/power 15 sec trick to get the device to come on at all. Power is now about 15%.
Now, things are strange with WiFi. I can use any browser to connect anywhere on the net. However, I cannot use embedded network connections - play store - other apps to connect. It seems like WiFi should either be on, or it should be off. It shouldn't be somewhere in the middle.
Also, date/time is 12/31/1999. Presumably this is because it can't connect?
I realize that possibly a full charge may fix things, but I'd like to know what is going on. It seems like a low power level shutdown of features should affect all programs equally. Why can a browser work, but not other apps?
- 09-21-2013, 07:06 AM #2
- 09-22-2013, 06:06 AM #3
- 30 Posts
Re: Nexus 7 2012 - Low Battery - Strange Situation with WiFi
Strange indeed. Try factory reset if the problem persist. Otherwise it seems like you're missing some sort of Google services apk on your device. If the latter is the case, I think you'll need to get rooted and manually install it. I know I once received a defective android phone that there was problems with play store. It was missing an apk. Good luck!
Posted via my lag-free, always updated Nexus 4
- By jennapi in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2Replies: 27Last Post: 07-08-2014, 08:33 PM
- By siaaldo in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2013, 11:08 AM
- By asanatheist in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 09-21-2013, 10:41 AM
- By ManiacalMF in forum VerizonReplies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2013, 11:50 PM
- By weathdish in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2013, 05:01 PM