Play Store won't let me download anything.

Jazz Hunter

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Lately play store hasn't been letting me download anything. It doesn't come up with any messages saying there is an error but you know when you click to download something there is a moving blue line under the name showing the progress or something, that appears and just moves for ages and doesn't download anything. I left one app for 2 hours and the line just kept moving and nothing downloaded.

Also the notification bar at the top of tablet it usually comes up there doesn't it? Nothing comes up when I try to download something. My internet connection is fine. I've also signed in and out of Google and even made a new account and still not working! Any ideas? Thanks.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! You may want to clear the Play Store's cache.

Go to Settings-->Apps-->All
Select Play Store
Click Clear Cache

If that doesn't do it click Clear Data

That may just get you going again.

Gordonc

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried clearing the cache and it didn't work. Then I went into 'clear data' and a scary message came up. Being of a technically inept and nervous disposition I left that alone. Next I tried'force stop' and restarted the app as normal. It started downloading my stuff immediately. Half of what I wanted downloaded and then I had to repeat the clear cache and force stop. Everything is now working fine.
Hope this helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Tap your System Settings icon. This can be found in various places--in the App Drawer (listed as Settings), in the swipe-down notification shade or quick settings shade, or sometimes when you press the hard menu key, if you have one (like the Droid Razr line). The Settings icon usually looks like a gear or a panel of slider switches.

After getting to the main Settings menu, then tap the Apps menu, and then swipe over until you see the "All" list.

Nathan Reichenbach

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! You may want to clear the Play Store's cache.

Go to Settings-->Apps-->All
Select Play Store
Click Clear Cache

If that doesn't do it click Clear Data

That may just get you going again.

Hi whenever i download somthing a bar comes up saying that i dont have the efficent storage but i have plenty. Any advice

markwoll

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So, same problem as above. Cleared system cache and Playstore app cache and data.
Lollipop on a 16gb nexus 7 2012. This is the error.
This happens to be for Chrome, but it happens with all apps.
Screenshot (Dec 19, 2014 8_03_06 PM).png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screenshot of the Settings/Storage menu?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Akhima Magar

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Same goes for me as play store is not downloading anything & i also did the "clear cache & clear data" one but it didn't work either. what to do now ?:'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Same goes for me as play store is not downloading anything & i also did the "clear cache & clear data" one but it didn't work either. what to do now ?:'(

Welcome to Android Central! When you say that the same goes for you, are you getting the exact same error message that says you don't have enough space? If so, please show us a screenshot of your Settings>Storage menu, as was suggested to the previous poster.

Tiffany Brown2

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Lately play store hasn't Been letting me download anything. It doesn't come up with any messages saying there is an error but you know when you click to download something there is a moving blue line under the name showing the progress or something, that appears and just moves for ages and doesn't download anything. I left one app for 2 hours and the line just kept moving and nothing downloaded.

Also the notification bar at the top of tablet it usually comes up there doesn't it? Nothing comes up when I try to download something. My internet connection is fine. I've also signed in and out of Google and even made a new account and still not working! Any ideas? Thanks.[/QUOTE😭😭]

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Do the same for Download Manager.

If that doesn't work, then go to Google Wallet on the web and make sure that you have a valid credit card linked to it.

Eric Mace

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
The clear cache,clear data and force stop worked, First I tried clearing cache, nope, clear data nope, then force stop, working great! I tried a bunch of times, turning off phone, taking battery out, only when I cleared and forced stop , INSTANT download. THANK YOU!

Jeremy Dickason

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a problem on my galaxy s 5 and it keeps coming up with the error pop up below

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-25-13-50-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-25-13-50-16.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 14

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs