cannot reset default apps
I cant clear the default app choices. The button to do so in each individual app is grayed out, and the clear all app prefs in the upper right triple dot thing dont do it either. Defaults are still being used after i tried it several timea.
Re: cannot reset default apps
Welcome to Android Central! Try a cache partition wipe, which will clear the system cache (temporary system data that can sometimes mess things up or slow things down). You won't lose any important data.
- If your tablet is on, power it off.
- Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
- Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
- Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
- You'll see the Recovery Menu. Use the Volume buttons to highlight "Wipe cache partition," then press the Power button to execute.
- When it's done, highlight "Reboot system now," and press Power to execute.