Nexus 7 (2012) Boot Problem
Hi all. I was wondering whether anyone could help me.
I recently got my Nexus 7's screen replaced and I got it back in the mail yesterday. Everything was normal. Asus had reset the device so I had to install all of my apps/nova etc..
This morning I woke up, and booted up the device after it being shut down the previous night. The device loads the google logo screen, then moves onto the colored 'x'. The 'x' will do it's cycle of colors but will then freeze after about 10 seconds. And then the device will reboot. This seems to be an endless loop and the only way I am able to stop it, is by going into the boot loader and force shutting it down.
I hope someone here is able to tell me what I can do to sort this out. Even some kind of factory reset that works I would be greatful of. If no solutions here work, I am probably going to have to send it back to Asus again.
**edit: The picture is of the exact point that the 'x' logo freezes and restarts.
Thanks in advance
- 10-07-2013, 07:56 PM #2
- 6,889 Posts
Re: Nexus 7 (2012) Boot Problem
Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition, which is just temporary system data that can sometimes muck things up. No important personal data will be lost.
- If your tablet is on, power it off.
- Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
- Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
- Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
- Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press Power to select it.
- When that is done (which usually only takes about 10 seconds), highlight "reboot system now" and press Power to execute.
- 10-07-2013, 10:19 PM #4
- 10-08-2013, 05:46 AM #6
- 14,897 Posts
- Milestone 1/Lean Kernel
- 10-13-2013, 09:53 PM #7
- 4 Posts
Re: Nexus 7 (2012) Boot Problem
Thank you BDiddy, Paul.
I have been having the exact same problem that Mike had on my Nexus 7 32 GB 3G. Whats worse is that the device was rebooting every 20-30 seconds! The moment the login screen came up, by the time i completed entering the password, the device would freeze up and restart. It had been going on constantly since yesterday evening. 12 hrs of non stop restarts!
Did a factory reset using the recovery mode. The cache wipe did not work for me either.
2 days since the factory reset. Things are going smooth. Google did a full restore of my tablet immediately after I set it up with my Google account. Lost 3 hours staring at the downloading icon, all the seasons of breaking bad that I had downloaded... Apart from that, things seem good!
Last edited by Rahul Majumdar1; 10-15-2013 at 02:45 AM.
- By Kotello in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 41Last Post: 11-25-2013, 07:33 PM
- By 7starmarc in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 10-14-2013, 11:46 PM
- By mastrotol in forum HTC WildfireReplies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2013, 09:47 PM
- By Dragostina Slavova in forum HTC Desire CReplies: 0Last Post: 10-07-2013, 05:22 PM
- By Distant Deviant in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 10-07-2013, 04:42 PM