Nexus 7 Tablet (2012) Updated to 4.3, Update Failed, Stuck on X for last 2 hours

optout12

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, Got a nexus 7 tablet 2012 version, 10 mins into use updated popped up so sure enough I hit OK and then it updated and said update failed or w/e now my tablet is stuck at X.

I tried to do a factory reset and for the last 30 minutes its still stuck at X. How long does it take for the factory reset to take place & if its passed time Im still stuck at X how can I fix this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you did the factory reset, did you use the settings menu method or the hardware button method? The latter is described here: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2668187?hl=en

If you're just stuck at the X, hold the power button down until the device powers off. Then follow the instructions to boot to the recovery menu. Try "Wipe Cache Partition" first, and then select "Reboot System Now" when prompted. If that doesn't work, repeat the process, but then select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset." Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

bigpotter

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have suffered Optout12's problem exactly. I followed B.Diddy's instructions, but I'm back to the same Nexus logo staring at me for the last hour. Any suggestions?