- 7 Posts
Nexus 7 2012 32GB Version....now randomly rebooting 2 - 3 times a day
Hoping for some guidance, my Nexus 7 has started randomly rebooting 2 - 3 times a day, no matter what I am doing with it, even when its just sitting on the sofa doing nothing. There is nothing obvious running that seems to be causing any issues...even during the night, it sometimes reboots.....
Anyone experienced this and can give some guidance?
- 10-21-2013, 08:22 AM #2
- 14,883 Posts
- Milestone 1/Lean Kernel
- 10-21-2013, 01:26 PM #3
- 6,856 Posts
Re: Nexus 7 2012 32GB Version....now randomly rebooting 2 - 3 times a day
Try a cache partition wipe, which only erases temporary system data that might be messing things up (no important personal data will be lost). This can especially be a problem if you've recently done a system update. Here are the steps:
- If your tablet is on, power it off.
- Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
- Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
- Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
- Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press Power to select it.
- When done, select "reboot system now" and press Power to execute.
- By mcgeorge36 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 19Last Post: 11-28-2013, 07:40 PM
- By andymacnexus in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 34Last Post: 11-02-2013, 09:36 AM
- By 1210saad in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 10-22-2013, 08:59 AM
- By TechAddict in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 10-21-2013, 08:32 AM
- By consequence7 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 4Last Post: 10-21-2013, 12:21 AM