Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012) Stuck on X

SadN7User

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
While trying to open a facebook post last night, my Nexus 7 (2012) went blank as if it powered off. When I powered up, I got the word Google, then the rainbow X. Nothing will happen after the X. I've tried powering off and back on with the same results. If I hold down both buttons on the right, I get the android and options for Start, Restart Bootloader, Recovery Mode, and Power Off. When I choose Recovery Mode, I get Google then the android figure with an exclamation point and "No commend." Any ideas on what I should do to get going again?
:(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Recovery Mode is so you can flash an official software update.

Otherwise have you tried holding Power + Volume Up for about 7 seconds. This will perform a soft reset. See what happens.

cycleky

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem. Tried all the reboot / reset / ..... options. Nothing worked. Called ASUS and sent it for warranty repair - unfortunately.

SadN7User

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
If I push Power + Volumn Up, I get nothing. If I push Power +Volumn Down, I get the android on its back with it's stomach opened and the four options previously described. Any other thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs