Unsecured networks

tomb1935

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am unable to connect to an unsecured network in a cafe that I use daily. My Nexus 7 sticks at the connecting message. Someone has suggested it could be that the Nexus is set to not connect to an unsecured site. I can't find any way to switch this off, other networks that it will connect to have passwords, any ideas, Tom

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am unable to connect to an unsecured network in a cafe that I use daily. My Nexus 7 sticks at the connecting message. Someone has suggested it could be that the Nexus is set to not connect to an unsecured site. I can't find any way to switch this off, other networks that it will connect to have passwords, any ideas, Tom

This sometimes happens to me with protected networks. Usually, it's just because the firmware on the router is really old. If it is a setting, you should be able to change it under wifi and then advanced.

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Is the unsecured network by chance an Ad-Hoc network? The first N7 can't connect to any Ad-Hoc networks.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Try the Forget command, then run a scan. It should show it available, then try again to connect.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app