Son has got the better of me - re Google+ user profile pic

stagger321

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Lo there,

Technically very capable - but relative Newbie with my 2012 Nexus.
Son has just got the better of me.
I have configured the tablet with 4 users - me being the owner

Son number 2 seems to have added his google+ profile to his (non-restricted) user account on the tablet.
So his Google+ profile photo seems to show up at the login screen, while the rest of us just get a coloured blob.

When I checked his user settings I see Goggle+ is listed in the profile.
Can't work out how he did this (and he doesn't remember), as I can't seem to be able to pick anything which will add my google+ account profile to my user settings

Obviously I could just select a pic from the device, but it would be nice to get this linked to the google+ account, so any profile photo changes filter through to the nexus.

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Stagger

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Lo there,

Technically very capable - but relative Newbie with my 2012 Nexus.
Son has just got the better of me.
I have configured the tablet with 4 users - me being the owner

Son number 2 seems to have added his google+ profile to his (non-restricted) user account on the tablet.
So his Google+ profile photo seems to show up at the login screen, while the rest of us just get a coloured blob.

When I checked his user settings I see Goggle+ is listed in the profile.
Can't work out how he did this (and he doesn't remember), as I can't seem to be able to pick anything which will add my google+ profile account profile to my user settings

Obviously I could just select a pic from the device, but it would be nice to get this linked to the google+ account, so any profile photo changes filter through to the nexus.

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Stagger

Welcome to the forums. I have no idea what to suggest, but I saw you were new and wanted to say hi.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you entered your name and G+ info? Under settings>Google (under accounts)>Google+ there's an add account button. Then go into settings>users>you and click on your G+ profile pic and you'll get a "use this picture" dialogue to click.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

stagger321

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Have you entered your name and G+ info? Under settings>Google (under accounts)>Google+ there's an add account button. Then go into settings>users>you and click on your G+ profile pic and you'll get a "use this picture" dialogue to click.

Posted via Android Central App
Thanks. Tried this, but no joy.
Also tried removing google+ profile and re-entering. Again nothing.
In the end I tried turning on the G+ photo sync'ing which I had deselected and that seems to have done the trick.
All sorted now. :cool:

Cheers

Stagger

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Tried this, but no joy.
Also tried removing google+ profile and re-entering. Again nothing.
In the end I tried turning on the G+ photo sync'ing which I had deselected and that seems to have done the trick.
All sorted now. :cool:

Cheers

Stagger

Cool. Thanks for posting the solution.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol