Have you gotten you 4.4 OTA?

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
The OTA for both Nexus 7s have started pushing. I have heard of plenty of 2013 owners receiving the OTA. But no word from any 2012 owners. Just curious if their is anyone with the 2012 model who has gotten the OTA and how 4.4 is running on the OG Nexus 7 ;-)

|❌_❌|

warthog293

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I sideloaded it but haven't gotten to really play around with it. From the little bit that I did mess with it it seems to of gotten a lot smoother. I was having lots of lag before the sideload, but now I haven't found any lag.

Posted via Android Central App

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sideloaded it. Performance does appear to be better. But I?ll need more time on it to really see.
I find it silly that it doesn?t include the Google Experience Launcher. I sideloaded that as well. Works quite well. I really like the transparent status and nav bars. Can?t wait for devs to work this into the other apps.
It?s a much better experience than on the N4 where the grid size is restricted to 4x4. On the N7, the grid size is 6x6.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
The performance on my unit seems a lot better, it's smoother and the few niggling bugs I had seem to of been ironed out, I haven't had a dropped WiFi signal since running 4.4.

Cosmetically, the GEL 3.1.8 update turns it into a different device. The translucent panels, fonts and wallpapers are very pleasing to the eye. The 'okay Google' feature seems to work well, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it.

The battery seems to be running down quicker, but that could be because I'm playing with it more.

If you're comfortable sideloading, I'd go ahead and do it. It appears to be a solid update.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Nothing here in Mexico. I got 4.3 very quickly but this time it seems as though I am at the back of the line...

Tapatalking on the N7....