Going to sleep shuts down my Nexus 7

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 7 (since last Friday) has gained an amazingly annoying fault. When it goes to sleep it shuts down and only a hard reboot (holding down power button for twenty seconds) starts it up.

This morning I decided to wipe the Nexus 7 back to factory settings, however the Volume Down+Power took me to the Recovery mode screen however the Volume Up+Power refused to start the reset device. I had to go into the device, settings and then reset.

Hoping this resolved the issue I return to my device after inputting my information and discovered it had once again shut itself down, restarting it I watched the device and when it went to sleep again the sodding thing once again turned itself off.

***** UPDATE *****
Managed to attempt the proper Wipe and received this message.

Formatting /data
Formatting/ cache
E: failed to mount/ cache (invalid argument)
E: Can’t mount /cache/recovery/last_locale

and also

E: Can't mount / cache (Invalid argument)
E: Can't mount /chance/recovery/last_install
E: Failed closing /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name?MSC (I/O error)
E: Can't mount / cache (Invalid argument)
***** UPDATE ENDS*****

The device hasn't be dropped and I don't install any random pieces of junk willy-nilly on my machine (plus I have AVG watching what goes on too).

Has anyone seen this before and if yes what can I do to resolve it?

Thank you

Last edited:

Don Nems

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine does this pretty routinely too. Did it from the day I had it. It used to do it while it was unplugged, but also will do it while it is on power. It is pretty annoying. I had the chance to RMA it back in the day, I should have taken it. Not that the replacement may not have the problem, it seems pretty common.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar