Android 4.4 bugs on Nexus 7

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My 2012 N7 updated to 4.4 KRT16S last night (UK). The camera stopped, I uninstalled the app and installed another, now working fine.

My N4 updated a few days ago, no issues yet.

bluecam453

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Updated to 4.4 yesterday.

Boot-up now takes 2-3 minutes. Power-down same.
Most apps take 1-2 minutes to load.
Many apps hang randomly.
When exiting from an app, I get a blank home screen. The app icons appear after about 20 seconds.
Widgets don't work properly (e.g. the Fancy Widgets clock has almost completely disappeared).
Everything is extremely slow. It's unresponsive and sluggish.

Not a happy bunny today :(

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I also received the update last night. I can't use Play Newsstand. It keeps crashing so I am unable to read my magazines :( Anyone know of any apps which can sync with my newsstand so I can read them?

Stevewald

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I updated my nexus 7 last night but it froze 1/3 of the way through. I waited 2 hours and still nothing. i reset with pressing power and both volume buttons. It shut off and now I cant get it to boot again. What Can I Do?

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Got the OTA last night and immediately saw performance issues. Ran smooth on 4.3 but was now extraordinarily sluggish on 4.4.

Since I now use my S4 and Chromebook the majority of the time, I had little to lose on the N7 so I factory reset it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Got the OTA last night and immediately saw performance issues. Ran smooth on 4.3 but was now extraordinarily sluggish on 4.4.

Since I now use my S4 and Chromebook the majority of the time, I had little to lose on the N7 so I factory reset it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Anytime a new version is installed you'll need to give it a couple of days to rebuild the cache. After that it will run smooth again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's not minor! Does Wi-Fi run?

On KitKat, there's no more blue in the Notification Bar. Everything is white. If you swipe down the Quick Settings shade, you can see the status of the wifi connection there--orange means wifi on but no connection, and white means connected.

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Srsly why isn't Google releasing a fix for the ridiculous audio bug? (When connected to a Bluetooth device)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
got the OTA last night and then installed GEL and Search. Home screen is messed up, apps are hanging and lag badly once open. Search is overlapping apps and remove button. Cant remove home screens and video buffers every 3 seconds. I did a factory reset this morning. Will the reset cause my N7 to reboot to 4.3 and then i can ignore the 4.4 OTA notification until google figures this out?

cauldwellb

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Since - and only since - my nexus 7 was updated I can no longer access my home wi-fi network. It appears to connect with good strenght as before but the connection bars remain grey and a lock is also grey. As I do not recollect ever having to insert a password since startup this seems odd. What is the solution? My router is fine and connected to my laptop over wifi - no problems.

Tami Boyd

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 7 for almost a year now with not a problem until I downloaded KitKat and now I experience ghost touches and screen freezing. It will momentarily unfreeze if I press the power button. I did a factory reset and problem still persists. It's so bad that I can't use the tablet anymore. Anyone else have this problem? What do I need to do to fix it?

Stephen Spencer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Received the kitkat update a few days ago on my 2012 nexus. Things went awry (got stuck in bootloop) so had to do a factory reset. Apart from losing all my precious data, the tablet is no longer recognized by my trusted old PC when I plug in the usb cable, even though usb debugging is on. Any thoughts?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Since - and only since - my nexus 7 was updated I can no longer access my home wi-fi network. It appears to connect with good strenght as before but the connection bars remain grey and a lock is also grey. As I do not recollect ever having to insert a password since startup this seems odd. What is the solution? My router is fine and connected to my laptop over wifi - no problems.

Kit Kat no longer shows blue and white connections. Only white.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01