Android 4.4 bugs on Nexus 7

Nexus98

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7 2012 here. After the 4.4 update, I can't really center my wallpaper. I've heard that the homescreen is now the left one, that's why it's happening, but when pressing the home button, I get transferred to the middle screen, so I assume that's the homescreen and not the left one, like they say. Plus, I get visual artifacts while changing orientation in the app drawer.

NoodleArms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Feel free to post here whatever bug you encounter with KitKat on nexus 7.

I encountered a lovely NEVER ENDING BOOT ANIMATION! Purely by luck, I somehow got it to boot into safe mode and like a dummy I pushed my luck and tried rebooting again, reinforcing the fact once more that I shouldn't have done that. Can anyone tell me how I boot my Nexus 7 into safe mode again?

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I encountered a lovely NEVER ENDING BOOT ANIMATION! Purely by luck, I somehow got it to boot into safe mode and like a dummy I pushed my luck and tried rebooting again, reinforcing the fact once more that I shouldn't have done that. Can anyone tell me how I boot my Nexus 7 into safe mode again?

Try flashing a custom recovery like twrp and see if it gives you the option. I really don't remember if it had that option.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

rmmyyz

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Not a bug per say but curious if there is a way to change the wifi , battery, and Time icons in upper right hand corner back to jelly bean blue? I actually liked it. This is a stock N7 - 2012

Don't Panic - Posted via Android Central App

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
(Nexus 7 in my case) The Trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound appear when I listen to music while turn off screen. That's not appear in 4.3 version

Not necessarily when turning off the screen. Clicking on anything that makes a sound brings that trrrrrr sound!

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Not a bug per say but curious if there is a way to change the wifi , battery, and Time icons in upper right hand corner back to jelly bean blue? I actually liked it. This is a stock N7 - 2012

Don't Panic - Posted via Android Central App

You have to be rooted. Then use an app like Rom toolbox to change the status bar icons.

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm also not able to view the contents of my yahoo mail.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385574628841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385574628841.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 45

Matt Casey

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Installed Android 4.4 OTA on Nexus 7 (2012). After disabling Google Currents the performance is ok - about the same as before with 4.3 except boot takes a bit longer.

My only real issues is at boot time just before the Google boot animation (4 colored spinning balls) appears there is a quick bright flash of light to the entire screen. It didn't do this before and I'm worried the screen may be damaged with repetition. Any thoughts out there?

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I updated Tuesday evening and as of now my Nexus 7 (2012) seems to be running fine with the 4.4 update. Watched some YouTube videos and no lag is evident as of yet. Music (Pandora) seems to be working fine. Time will tell but so far so good.

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I updated Tuesday evening and as of now my Nexus 7 (2012) seems to be running fine with the 4.4 update. Watched some YouTube videos and no lag is evident as of yet. Music (Pandora) seems to be working fine. Time will tell but so far so good.

Well things are 180? different on my end. Experiencing heavy lag :)
Going back to 4.3 for the second time.

canuck68

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Lost my wifi and had to do a reset. It seen my home wireless, but just wouldn't connect. Seems ok so far. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just curious as to how many people who are having struggles with their N7's after their OTA upgrade to 4.4 have them rooted? Mine is stock and since it seems to be working fine as of now I'm curious to know if rooting may be the underlying culprit for some of the issues.

Now after asking that question, I'm sure mine will start acting up like many of the others.

Matt Casey

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
My N7 2013 is stock and the OTA 4.4 update went successfully with exception of now I have very quick light flash to the screen during boot up just before the new KitKat boot animation comes on. Boot time is also slower by about 4 seconds. Also performance was generally lagging more at first until I disabled Google Currents, but now performance is ok (same as before). No bugs with any applications.

I asked Google Support about the light flash to screen at boot up, and they told me to do a Factory Reset which I haven't done yet but will.

James Rusin

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I cannot connect to internet. Password correct. Pushed WPS button on router many different times
Results always the either; "Authentication problem or it says it is connected and it is not
I recently got it back from ASUS and it worked fine for a few days.
Thank you
my email is [email address removed]

Last edited by a moderator: