Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Nexus 7 (2012) stuck in "no command" bootloop

Just got the OTA update for 4.4 about 40 minutes ago (yay) but during the update the tablet popped up with "error" with a dead little Android. The tablet restarts and now I am looped with it saying "no command" and the Android with an exclamation point sign coming out D: It will go through the first loading screen (the one that just says "Google" and has the unlocked sign" twice and then give me the no command error.

The tablet won't go into recovery mode, the same message pops up. The tablet is unlocked and rooted with stock 4.3. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Nexus 7 (2012) stuck in "no command" bootloop

flash stock recovery before updating

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

I'm having the same exact problem with the official OTA that was just sent to my N7. Google broke something big time & bricked my device!!!

Anyone know how to get out of this bootloop of death??

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    Mike Richards3 and UN4GTBL like this.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

I'm having the same exact problem with the official OTA that was just sent to my N7. Google broke something big time & bricked my device!!!

Anyone know how to get out of this bootloop of death??

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdavies View Post
    Just got the OTA update for 4.4 about 40 minutes ago (yay) but during the update the tablet popped up with "error" with a dead little Android. The tablet restarts and now I am looped with it saying "no command" and the Android with an exclamation point sign coming out D: It will go through the first loading screen (the one that just says "Google" and has the unlocked sign" twice and then give me the no command error.

The tablet won't go into recovery mode, the same message pops up. The tablet is unlocked and rooted with stock 4.3. Any suggestions?
    I had the same problem trying to put the update on through the factory images, when it came up and said NO COMMAND I started freaking out and I was pressing buttons at random and then it went back to normal don't know what I did though

Posted via Android Central App

Add me to the list stuck in the No command loop.

Me too but on Nexus 4 with 4.4 ota

Carrier
    Stock

Add me to the list as well

Same here on Nexus 4 OTA

Just got my update, mine is stuck in the boot screen. It just shows the four colored circles merging. Any suggestions on how to get past this?

Looks like Im not the only one.

stuck on "no Command" as well via OTA 4.4. on my unlocked but unrooted 16gb.

went into fastboot mode via Volume buttons + Power. I only have the options for Restart Bootloader, Power Off, Start and recovery mode. All leads back to the same No Command screen.

Thought I'd give you guys an update on what I did so you don't attempt it. I rebooted the devices Power + Volume down and got into fastboot. From there, I used the volume rockers to select recovery and pressed the power button. You then get rebooted into recovery mode ( Android guy with ! ). I tried a few times to figure out the exact button combination that got me the menu, but I wasn't able to. Regardless, I (randomly) pressed the hardware buttons and a menu popped up with a couple different choices. I tried to clear cache, no change. I also tried wipe data/factory reset, no change.

I can't use ADB because I didn't have USB debugging enabled, but fastboot commands do work. I tried sideloading, update and flashall and still no change.

I am on an unrooted, locked Nexus 4. If you guys have any other ideas, please chime in.
    bialh and Chuckrom like this.

Had the same problem with mine and my wife's. Ended up reflashing both to fix them...yay....sigh

**** i am in the same boat. Unlocked, not rooted, no custom recovery and I got an error while it was installing the over the air OTA. Sideload not working. Not Cool! How did your re-flash them?

I ended up using the Nexus Toolkit to get going again. I followed the instructions on this page and ended up with 4.4. I would have preferred an upgrade, but I gave up. Interesting enough, I thought I was going back to stock and would have to install 4.4. But ended up with 4.4.
    123keifer likes this.

same here with my nexus 4, does anybody know how to fix it? i'm starting to freak out

Damn, I also have the "No Command" after the OTA. I will also try the Nexus Toolkit

Quote Originally Posted by cesare89 View Post
    same here with my nexus 4, does anybody know how to fix it? i'm starting to freak out
    I was the same with Nexus 4 but Nexus Toolkit fixed it even though I lost all my data, Play Store is slowly restoring all my apps tho

Nexus toolkit doesn't do any good though when your nexus 7 is stuck in system recovery, you are not rooted and you haven't installed the drivers and used nexus toolkit with your nexus 7 prior to getting stuck in the no command bootloop. I had usb debugging I previously but I already did a factory reset to see if that would help, so I am not sure that USB debugging is on anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone got a solution?

This morning I received the 4.4 OTA update notification on my wife's tablet. It's unlocked, rooted, and has custom recovery (TWRP). I had used Nexus Root Toolkit to get it into this state. Without thinking I went ahead and clicked update. Now my tablet is stuck in a boot loop that just keeps bringing me back into recovery. By the responses so far in this thread it seems the only option is the "flash stock" button in the Nexus Root Toolkit. Does anybody have any advice on how I can recover the data off the tablet first? Or better yet, attempt to manually install the update again? Barring that, anybody know a good couples counselor?
    lmmillard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spoke#AC View Post
    I was the same with Nexus 4 but Nexus Toolkit fixed it even though I lost all my data, Play Store is slowly restoring all my apps tho
    I also managed to fix my Nexus 7 2012 Wifi using Wug's Nexus Toolkit. ( I assume this toolkit will work with Nexus 4,7 and 10 as it is a unified toolkit.) NB: As you will flash stock you will loose all your apps and settings. At least it is better than being stuck with the "No Command" screen.

1. Download and install Nexus Root Toolkit v1.7.8: Nexus Root Toolkit v1.7.8 | WugFresh
    2.. Connect to PC and Boot in Fastboot Mode: VOL DOWN + POWER ON
    3. In the toolkit, under "Back to stock" tick "Soft-Bricked/Bootloop"
    4. Click "Flash Stock + Unroot"
    5. When done you will have a working Nexus again. I thought I was going back to stock and would have to install 4.4. But ended up with 4.4. .

I hope this helps someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dillont3 View Post
    Nexus toolkit doesn't do any good though when your nexus 7 is stuck in system recovery, you are not rooted and you haven't installed the drivers and used nexus toolkit with your nexus 7 prior to getting stuck in the no command bootloop.
    The Toolkit works as it uses FastBoot mode when you Tick "Soft-Bricked/Bootloop". You thus do not have to install all the other drivers or have debug mode activated.
    dfluff, that1guyty and hsardar like this.

OK, I fixed mine without losing any data by following the instructions below, copied from here.
    EDIT: To clarify, I have a 2012 wifi so used JWR66Y factory image and then used ADB sideload to install the kitkat zip update which I found on this page. link

-----------
    I was in the same situation and ran into that issue as well. What I did was download the 4.3 factory image from here: https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images?hl=vi

Make sure you get the correct one for your device. I have a 2013 wifi so I chose: Android 4.3 (JSS15R)

Inside that downloaded file, you'll find image-razor-jss15r.zip. It's a couple of levels down. Unzip the files from there to your SDK folder (should be boot.img, recovery.img, system.img, userdata.img, and cache.img).

Boot your Nexus 7 to the bootloader (volume down + power) and connect to your PC with USB cable. Do NOT go into Recovery mode yet.

From the command prompt, make sure you can see your device: fastboot devices

Then, run the following commands:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot flash system system.img

At this point you have a clean install of 4.3 JSS15R.

Now go to Recovery mode and sideload the 4.4 OTA as you originally tried and it should work this time.

I followed these steps and was able to update to 4.4 without losing any data. YMMV

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

HELP: When I'm in Recovery mode connected to my computers, It keeps saying "Installing drivers" yet tells me it's unsuccessful. When it's bootlooping (not innbrik ADB/Recovery Mode) it IS seen by my computer and drivers "install" properly. But the second I put it into Recovery ADB and WUGfresh keep saying it's not connected!!

It keeps saying "Foun New Hardware" and tries to installl drivers but never fin "drivers" and then tells me the evice failed to instal properly. No programs see my Nexus 7 so I cant sideload or unbrick my device because of this! OMG!

Please help me? Google completely f*cked a perfectly working N7 with their own OTA!!! HELP?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast