Nexus 7 (2012) stuck in "no command" bootloop

tylerdavies

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got the OTA update for 4.4 about 40 minutes ago (yay) but during the update the tablet popped up with "error" with a dead little Android. The tablet restarts and now I am looped with it saying "no command" and the Android with an exclamation point sign coming out D: It will go through the first loading screen (the one that just says "Google" and has the unlocked sign" twice and then give me the no command error.

The tablet won't go into recovery mode, the same message pops up. The tablet is unlocked and rooted with stock 4.3. Any suggestions?

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same exact problem with the official OTA that was just sent to my N7. Google broke something big time & bricked my device!!!

Anyone know how to get out of this bootloop of death?? :'(

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same exact problem with the official OTA that was just sent to my N7. Google broke something big time & bricked my device!!!

Anyone know how to get out of this bootloop of death?? :'(

pashos24

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got the OTA update for 4.4 about 40 minutes ago (yay) but during the update the tablet popped up with "error" with a dead little Android. The tablet restarts and now I am looped with it saying "no command" and the Android with an exclamation point sign coming out D: It will go through the first loading screen (the one that just says "Google" and has the unlocked sign" twice and then give me the no command error.

The tablet won't go into recovery mode, the same message pops up. The tablet is unlocked and rooted with stock 4.3. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem trying to put the update on through the factory images, when it came up and said NO COMMAND I started freaking out and I was pressing buttons at random and then it went back to normal don't know what I did though

Posted via Android Central App

65Grendel

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Just got my update, mine is stuck in the boot screen. It just shows the four colored circles merging. Any suggestions on how to get past this?

justinangil

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Im not the only one.

stuck on "no Command" as well via OTA 4.4. on my unlocked but unrooted 16gb.

went into fastboot mode via Volume buttons + Power. I only have the options for Restart Bootloader, Power Off, Start and recovery mode. All leads back to the same No Command screen.

Paul Johnson14

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'd give you guys an update on what I did so you don't attempt it. I rebooted the devices Power + Volume down and got into fastboot. From there, I used the volume rockers to select recovery and pressed the power button. You then get rebooted into recovery mode ( Android guy with ! ). I tried a few times to figure out the exact button combination that got me the menu, but I wasn't able to. Regardless, I (randomly) pressed the hardware buttons and a menu popped up with a couple different choices. I tried to clear cache, no change. I also tried wipe data/factory reset, no change.

I can't use ADB because I didn't have USB debugging enabled, but fastboot commands do work. I tried sideloading, update and flashall and still no change.

I am on an unrooted, locked Nexus 4. If you guys have any other ideas, please chime in.

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem with mine and my wife's. Ended up reflashing both to fix them...yay....sigh

dillont3

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
**** i am in the same boat. Unlocked, not rooted, no custom recovery and I got an error while it was installing the over the air OTA. Sideload not working. Not Cool! How did your re-flash them?

dferrey

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I ended up using the Nexus Toolkit to get going again. I followed the instructions on this page and ended up with 4.4. I would have preferred an upgrade, but I gave up. Interesting enough, I thought I was going back to stock and would have to install 4.4. But ended up with 4.4.

dillont3

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Nexus toolkit doesn't do any good though when your nexus 7 is stuck in system recovery, you are not rooted and you haven't installed the drivers and used nexus toolkit with your nexus 7 prior to getting stuck in the no command bootloop. I had usb debugging I previously but I already did a factory reset to see if that would help, so I am not sure that USB debugging is on anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers