New Gmail Update 'deletes' emails on Server when 'Never' delete is selected

Bad Drivers

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have my primary email address linked to my Nexus 7 via the Gmail program. I was able to add this primary non-Gmail email account easily onto my Nexus 7 but cannot now remove it. Can anyone tell me how I can remove my Primary email account (that is, NOT my Gmail account which I realize must stay in the Gmail program).

Since the latest Gmail update my primary emails are being read by me on my tablet but then deleted from the server and therefore cannot be read or downloaded on my laptop. It was working fine without problems prior to the latest Gmail update.

In desperation I tried to remove the Gmail program (delete it or bin it) but this cannot be done either - I was planning to set up the Gmail account again without using my other email address (having learned a hard lesson).

I have gone onto the Gmail account on the Google website and removed the second (alternate) email address from my account with Google themselves but I cannot get rid of it on the Nexus 7.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks,

BD

Bad Drivers

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I finally found the way to delete the email account causing the problem (not Gmail). You have to go to the Nexus 7 settings - not the Gmail settings.

Until I can see why the problem existed and how to stop it in the future, I will not link any of my email accounts to my Gmail/Nexus 7 tablet for viewing. As I said before, it was working fine until the latest update now Gmail/Nexus 7 deletes messages at my server once viewed on the tablet.

Thanks Haalycon for your suggestion - it is possible that this might work. I'm interested to see if this is happening to others.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01