Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012) Lack of System memory after updates

Glenn234

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed each time I've updated that my System memory is decreasing to a dangerously low level.
I've been using an app called Freespace, and it shows my Cache, Internal storage, and System.
I have a 2012 N7, and my question is. Is there anyway to remove some of the extra non essential garbage that is located in the System partition?
My N7 is a 32g non rooted stock device.
From what I've read a reset only empties out your storage partition leaving the system partition still crammed.
Where I'm at right now I wont be able to accept any update that adds to the system partition.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

No I personally have not had any space issues with all the recent updates. My kids have it loaded up with a good handful of kids apps/games too and all is running and reacting smoothly.

Nexus 7 (2012) Unlocked but not rooted. Android 4.4.2

Paul
Moderator Team Leader.

Glenn234

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have lots of space in my storage partition. In fact I still have over 22G empty. I'ts my system partition where the operating sys and all the protected Google apps are stored that is at it's limit.
Thanks for your reply.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Set your device to kill apps once you leave them. You probably have something still running in the background.

Posted via Android Central App

Glenn234

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Killing apps would free up ram. Not my problem. It's my system partition thats full.
Load an app called Freespace and you will see what I'm talking about.
there are several other apps that show the partitions also but Freespace is the one I'm familiar with.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Glenn,

You could look into disabling any system apps you don't frequently use. I know it doesn't resolve everything but every little bit helps. If it's left enabled there is a chance it's occasionally running and taking up space.

Sent from my awesome HTC One

Glenn234

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Paul it's the apps themselves that are taking up space. The apps, the upgrades, and various garbage that are in the protected undersized system partition.
Please do load Freespace and take a look at you're N7.
Ron

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084