Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EviI
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ok, seriously, my nexus 7 runs out of battery fast

What the hell is the problem? and I press the window button next to the home button and swipe to close all apps
    Thanks to all who answered

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Default Re: Ok, seriously, my nexus 7 runs out of battery fast

Do you have battery-heavy apps installed?
    Try going to Settings > Battery and see which apps are causing your battery to drain quickly.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Is this the cellular model? I have a 2012 32GB Nexus 7 and I had that problem. The biggest problem was with using AT&T as the carrier. My battery barely lasted a day with one hour screen time. Once I switched to T-Mobile, the standby doubled to two days with 1-2 hrs screen time (I use my iPad most of the time these days). I also turned off auto sync because I don't use it for email and don't care about syncing contacts.

Welcome to Android Central! It would help if you could post a screenshot of your battery stats under the Settings>Battery menu. To take a screenshot, press the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time, and hold them for about a half second.

In the meantime, review this guide and see if any of the tips help: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips

You could install Battery Doctor and Battery Graph from Play Store (free versions available) which will help you track battery usage and get rid of the hogs. As stated above the built in info available under settings is also useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by jpash549 View Post
    You could install Battery Doctor and Battery Graph from Play Store (free versions available) which will help you track battery usage and get rid of the hogs. As stated above the built in info available under settings is also useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    If the OP has KitKat installed, though, I think all battery monitoring apps won't be useful, since KitKat blocks 3rd party apps from accessing those stats.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    If the OP has KitKat installed, though, I think all battery monitoring apps won't be useful, since KitKat blocks 3rd party apps from accessing those stats.
    Thanks for the info.. that explains why Battery Monitor widget isnt working properly