Linking Nexus 7 with TV

groberts0

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible / how can I link my N7 (Generation-1, 2012) with the TV in order to watch streamed TV content off the N7?

Looking around there is stuff like Slim Port and Chromecast which seems to be limited to the Gen 2 version only. I notice that using the KitKat 4.4.2 version now running on my N7, a 'Cast Screen' option is shown under the display section of Settings - does this suggest that Chromecast would now work with Gen-1 N7 tablets?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible / how can I link my N7 (Generation-1, 2012) with the TV in order to watch streamed TV content off the N7?

Looking around there is stuff like Slim Port and Chromecast which seems to be limited to the Gen 2 version only. I notice that using the KitKat 4.4.2 version now running on my N7, a 'Cast Screen' option is shown under the display section of Settings - does this suggest that Chromecast would now work with Gen-1 N7 tablets?

The 2012 N7 always did work with Chromecast. I've been using it with mine since I got the Chromecast. Works great! Remember, they're both Google devices.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

groberts0

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
OK thanks but as Chromecast isn't cheap / to make sure - I can get BT Sport on my PC and Tablet and using Chromecast it will play through my TV? The reviews on Google Play suggest it's just YouTube and personal video stuff only that can be 'cast'.

Last edited:

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
OK thanks but as Chromecast isn't cheap / to make sure - I can get BT Sport on my PC and Tablet and using Chromecast it will play through my TV?

They've had a few deals for chromcast being 30 and 25 bucks ( deal they had if you purchased with PayPal). That's pretty cheap compared to most other things.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol