- 1 Posts
Unable to factory reset Nexus 7 (2012) Help!
My friend owns a very small business and wants to use a Nexus 7 that a former employee had been using.
It's password locked and he's unable (or unwilling) to contact the old employee. He asked me to reset it.
I got it into fastboot mode, then tried to go into recovery mode but it hung on the Google logo. I did a quick search and found this sometimes happens with older software and requires the unit to be plugged into a computer.
The problem is when I plug the device into my laptop, it freezes on the fastboot screen and I need to hold the power down to get it back to the unknown password screen.
I'm reading this may be a result of not having the right Nexus drivers on my computer. I've tried fixing that (though I'm not sure I'm doing it right), but nothing.
Any advice or help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
- 12-15-2013, 07:59 PM #2
- 35 Posts
Re: Unable to factory reset Nexus 7 (2012) Help!
Another guess to try & help tonight
Again just a shot at helping solve this problem...
Try downloading Wigs nexus root toolkit onto your laptop. Select your device (nexus 7) first. Try unlocking the boot loader. If you can it will wipe EVERYTHING . Then you can relock it or go crazy & root that android . Many videos & pages exist that can tell you more about how to use the toolkit if you have trouble. Or just ask here. Good luck & I hope this may help you out.
Last edited by systemofadown1; 12-15-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: more info
- By Eclipse2K in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 12Last Post: 12-16-2013, 01:00 PM
- By abullbar in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 12-15-2013, 09:25 PM
- By CloneTroopah in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 12-15-2013, 05:57 PM
- By jrhunt in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2013, 11:56 PM
- By Dan Abizzy in forum HTC One VReplies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2013, 10:34 PM