Nexus wont Boot with Cover on
Seeking some advice here. A while back my son shattered the screen on his 1st Gen Nexus 7. I ordered a new Screen Assembly and installed it with no issues at all.
The device would not charge or turn on after the new screen was installed. I re-installed the old broken one (Just plugged it in) and the device charged and turned on right away. At this point I put the new screen in, Plugged it in and on it came.
The Problem is, when I introduce the back cover to the rest of the tablet it wont turn on. I have checked everything in this device and nothing seems pinched or disconnected. To me it seems that it is when the Antenna connectors make contact with the board that is causing the issue.
- 12-16-2013, 08:58 AM #2
Re: Nexus wont Boot with Cover on
Figured that issue out. I knew that the Tablet was booting fine even after the screen broke. So I figured it was something I did.
I started to go in order of everything I had done and noted that metal L shaped cover was kind of loose. I realized that there was actually clips that secured it. So I secured it in place, added some fresh black plastic tape and replaced the cover. Shockingly it booted up and works fine now.
The cover I am talking about is covered by some black tape that you need to remove to access the Ribbons for the screen.
It can be seen on this video at 0:06:41
- 12-16-2013, 06:06 PM #5
- By Mouton29 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: Yesterday, 07:27 PM
- By Gekko in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 01-25-2014, 10:02 AM
- By dlinderaz in forum Virgin Mobile HTC EVO V 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 12-27-2013, 07:26 AM
- By faizalstar in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2013, 10:10 AM
- By acecco01 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2013, 11:07 AM