Hi, everyone!

So a couple weeks ago, I dropped my Nexus 7 and the screen cracked. I bought a cable that let me hook my mouse up to the device so I can get some use out of it until I can buy a replacement next month during the after-holiday sales.

I wanted to install some sort of app that lets me control the device over wi-fi from my PC (which requires rooting), but in order to do so, I need to enable USB debugging. I was able to turn it on inside my device, but it also appears that I need to authorize my computer with some sort of key for some sort of whitelist. That's nice, but the prompt that pops up when I connect my Nexus to my PC via USB needs to be clicked on, but I can't have the mouse connected at the same time that my Nexus is connected to my PC. There's only one little plug in the Nexus, so it's got to be one or the other. So, this seems to have thrown a wrench into my plans. I was wondering if there was any way to manually add my PC's unique ID key to the tablet directly? Otherwise I can't whitelist my PC because I can't use a mouse with my tablet while the tablet is connected via USB to my PC.

Thanks for the help!