1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chrome loses incognito tabs (2012 Nexus 7, Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat)

Hi,

I just received a 2012 Nexus 7 32 GB, and I updated it twice via System updates, once from Jelly Bean (4.2?) to 4.3, and another from 4.3 to 4.4 Kit Kat.

When I use Chrome on it, I usually have something like 6-10 normal tabs, and 6-10 incognito tabs. I've noticed that, sometimes, after being away from Chrome for a while (in other apps), when I return to Chrome, my normal tabs are still there, but the incognito ones are gone. There doesn't seem to be a setting within Chrome that is relevant.

What's going on? Is that just what happens with incognito tabs in Chrome on Android? (this is my first day to day Android device).

Can I change this behavior somehow?

Default Re: Chrome loses incognito tabs (2012 Nexus 7, Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat)

my guess (and it's just a guess) is...that an incognito browser window would not be designed to remain; hence, your privacy is maintained. anyone else?

Chrome takes up a huge RAM load to begin with both Android devices and even more on PC. It may be Chrome auto closing some tabs. Every time I leave Chrome on a bunch of tabs I have to click the screen /tab and it has to reload sometimes with no update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for your thoughts. The RAM load and auto-closing was my guess as well. I doubt that they are designed to be closed/ditched/lost just because they're icognito tabs...I only expect incognito tabs to be "not tracked", not "has expiration date"...My incognito tabs on Chrome on iOS never seem to get closed without my explicitly doing it (which is what I'd expect). They and the normal tabs just seem to need to be refreshed most of the times I go back to them..whether from other tabs or other apps.

Hey I know I late to the game. But I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Chrome loses incognito tabs (2012 Nexus 7, Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat)

Hm, no, I haven't found a solution, but I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's having this happen.