1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turn Off Apps Running in the Background?

I've been having trouble with a few apps lately, which is pretty good that itís only a few, and Viddy is one of them. It can't seem to upload any videos or connect to Twitter after a recent update either on my 2012 Nexus 7 Tablet or on my ZTE Valet Android 4.1 phone. They said I should try it when all of the apps running in the background are turned off and the Viddy app is freshly reinstalled. They must think it has to do with available memory.

Here are the instructions they gave me for turning off the apps running in the background:
    1.) Hold down the home button. Background apps will appear.
    2.) Hold and slide applications to the corner of the screen until it disappears. Repeat until all open applications are gone.
    3.) Press the home button.

Can someone please explain this to me? I assume that the Home button is the icon in the shape of a house which is at the bottom of the screen in the center. Is that correct? It can't be because it doesn't work for me. I'd really appreciate some input here. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Default Re: Turn Off Apps Running in the Background?

Quote Originally Posted by StLouisMan2 View Post
    I've been having trouble with a few apps lately, which is pretty good that it’s only a few, and Viddy is one of them. It can't seem to upload any videos or connect to Twitter after a recent update either on my 2012 Nexus 7 Tablet or on my ZTE Valet Android 4.1 phone. They said I should try it when all of the apps running in the background are turned off and the Viddy app is freshly reinstalled. They must think it has to do with available memory.

Here are the instructions they gave me for turning off the apps running in the background:
    1.) Hold down the home button. Background apps will appear.
    2.) Hold and slide applications to the corner of the screen until it disappears. Repeat until all open applications are gone.
    3.) Press the home button.

Can someone please explain this to me? I assume that the Home button is the icon in the shape of a house which is at the bottom of the screen in the center. Is that correct? It can't be because it doesn't work for me. I'd really appreciate some input here. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
    the first instruction was wrong

1.) Hold down the home button. -- press recent button(2 stacked rectangle on the bottom right)
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post

1.) Hold down the home button. -- press recent button(2 stacked rectangle on the bottom right)
    Thanks very much! Happy Holidays!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Holding down the home button shows a list of recent apps on my phone, not currently open apps.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jake3_14 View Post
    Holding down the home button shows a list of recent apps on my phone, not currently open apps.
    Welcome to Android Central! In this case, we're talking about a Nexus 7. Some devices (like yours) have the Recent Apps list come up when you hold down the Home button.

Posted via Android Central App