Boot failed

Laura Long

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 7 (2012) and it tried to OTA update and it would not start up, it was just stuck at the X. So I got the Nexus root tool kit after many attempts to just do the recovery and wipe it clean. I have tried to flash it back to stock but it keeps saying that my archive is missing recovery and boot.img. Now I am stuck and it keeps saying boot failed and I am ready to stomp on this piece of junk. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it other than return it and never do an OTA update on a new one?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 7 (2012) and it tried to OTA update and it would not start up, it was just stuck at the X. So I got the Nexus root tool kit after many attempts to just do the recovery and wipe it clean. I have tried to flash it back to stock but it keeps saying that my archive is missing recovery and boot.img. Now I am stuck and it keeps saying boot failed and I am ready to stomp on this piece of junk. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it other than return it and never do an OTA update on a new one?

Welcome to the forums.
This is a little old, so you may have to search for the updated files, but try this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...1477-guide-nexus-7-factory-image-restore.html

Laura Long

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Everytime I try to flash this it says that everything has failed because my bootloader is locked :( now I can't even get it past the google screen to the X