1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Boot failed

I just got my Nexus 7 (2012) and it tried to OTA update and it would not start up, it was just stuck at the X. So I got the Nexus root tool kit after many attempts to just do the recovery and wipe it clean. I have tried to flash it back to stock but it keeps saying that my archive is missing recovery and boot.img. Now I am stuck and it keeps saying boot failed and I am ready to stomp on this piece of junk. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it other than return it and never do an OTA update on a new one?

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Boot failed

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Long View Post
    I just got my Nexus 7 (2012) and it tried to OTA update and it would not start up, it was just stuck at the X. So I got the Nexus root tool kit after many attempts to just do the recovery and wipe it clean. I have tried to flash it back to stock but it keeps saying that my archive is missing recovery and boot.img. Now I am stuck and it keeps saying boot failed and I am ready to stomp on this piece of junk. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it other than return it and never do an OTA update on a new one?
    Welcome to the forums.
    This is a little old, so you may have to search for the updated files, but try this: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Boot failed

Everytime I try to flash this it says that everything has failed because my bootloader is locked now I can't even get it past the google screen to the X