Can't get out of safe mode.

bryan marcus

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
have @safe mode' displayed on screen and cannot get rid of it. have tried battery pull, reboot and even complete reset of factory settings but it doesn't go away. any ideas? any ideas!!

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Try holding the power button until the tablet restarts. That is the equivalent to a battery pull.

@Golfdriver - This is what I do whenever I want to shut down and restart, maybe once a week or so (other than that, I just let it sleep). Is this an OK practice or should I be doing the standard 2 step process (i.e. power down and then restart by pressing the power button)?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
@Golfdriver - This is what I do whenever I want to shut down and restart, maybe once a week or so (other than that, I just let it sleep). Is this an OK practice or should I be doing the standard 2 step process (i.e. power down and then restart by pressing the power button)?

I would say to do the proper 2 step process. The physical battery pull or simulated one, in my opinion, should only be done in emergencies, or no other option. The pull is similar to just yanking the power cord from the wall for your PC while it is still on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
have @safe mode' displayed on screen and cannot get rid of it. have tried battery pull, reboot and even complete reset of factory settings but it doesn't go away. any ideas? any ideas!!
w
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about the Nexus 7? Just want to make sure, since I'm not sure if you're talking about an actual battery pull or a virtual one.

Posted via Android Central App

Kenny22

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Just got a Nexus 7 Tablet and accidentally got into safe mode. It seems to work but there is a "safe mode" panel showing bottom left. How do I get rid of this. I have rebooted but it is still there

regards

Kenny22

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance