Subtitles not available in movies Nexus 7

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I posted the following on XDA Developers 12 days ago. There has not been a response. Perhaps no one else has encountered this problem but I thought I would post to this forum:

I attempted to add a movie to my Nexus 7 (2012). Using DVD Decrypter I saved the resulting files to the hard drive on my desktop computer. Cyberlink PowerDVD9 played the movie from the hard drive. Especially important to me as I am deaf, the subtitles were there. I then copied the files to my Nexus 7 by USB into the SDcard/Movies folder. I attempted to play the movie. The files are in .VOB format.

Navigating to the files on the Nexus 7 I clicked on the VTS_01_1 file. I chose MX Player from the available list. The movie began playing but couldn't find any subtitles. I tried Mobo Player and BS Player. Mobo Player simply didn't play. BS Player played the video file but said it couldn't find any subtitles. Audio appeared to work.

Any suggestions?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I posted the following on XDA Developers 12 days ago. There has not been a response. Perhaps no one else has encountered this problem but I thought I would post to this forum:

I attempted to add a movie to my Nexus 7 (2012). Using DVD Decrypter I saved the resulting files to the hard drive on my desktop computer. Cyberlink PowerDVD9 played the movie from the hard drive. Especially important to me as I am deaf, the subtitles were there. I then copied the files to my Nexus 7 by USB into the SDcard/Movies folder. I attempted to play the movie. The files are in .VOB format.

Navigating to the files on the Nexus 7 I clicked on the VTS_01_1 file. I chose MX Player from the available list. The movie began playing but couldn't find any subtitles. I tried Mobo Player and BS Player. Mobo Player simply didn't play. BS Player played the video file but said it couldn't find any subtitles. Audio appeared to work.

Any suggestions?

in MX player go to menu-->settings-->subtitle

enable embedded subtitle.. also there is a option where you are suppose to place the subtitle..

is your subtitle file separate or embedded

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, in MX Player/settings/subtitle, enable subtitles is checked and enable embedded subtitles is checked. I am pretty sure the subtitles are embedded because I don't see anything resembling an audio subtitle file on the DVD.

in MX player go to menu-->settings-->subtitle

enable embedded subtitle.. also there is a option where you are suppose to place the subtitle..

is your subtitle file separate or embedded

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Possible issue is when it was transferred the subtitle files became corrupted or just not recognized.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Possible issue is when it was transferred the subtitle files became corrupted or just not recognized.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Good suggestion. I thought I would test that possibility by transferring the files back to my desktop computer and playing the files from there. If they had been corrupted the subtitles would not show but they displayed just fine.
Thanks for your help. Every bit of analysis helps.