Questions about my 2012 N7

Danny Vaper

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, considering I know nothing about tech, I was hoping someone would answer my questions and help me out with my N7.

How long should it take to charge? I started Charging it at 12 p.m. And it was only at 91 percent at 5 p.m.

What does flashing mean? What is a ROM, and do I want or need one?

Is there a link to a tutorial that can teach me all of these things? Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

Posted via Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Was your device all the way to 0% when you plugged it in? I wouldn't let it completely discharge before charging. If plugged into the wall, it shouldn't take more than 5 hours to fully charge.

There are usually answers for all your questions in AC, either in the forums or search by key words.

Sideloading is just downloading something from a site other than Google Play Store; a third party site.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Danny Vaper

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Was your device all the way to 0% when you plugged it in? I wouldn't let it completely discharge before charging. If plugged into the wall, it shouldn't take more than 5 hours to fully charge.

There are usually answers for all your questions in AC, either in the forums or search by key words.

Sideloading is just downloading something from a site other than Google Play Store; a third party site.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Its was only down to 40% when I plugged it in. I connected the battery properly yesterday and thought I had solved the problem. Thanks :)

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the original charger, and is it plugged into a wall outlet? That's always the fastest way to charge. 3rd party chargers might not provide the same amount of current, and might charge the device more slowly. If you're trying to charge by plugging into a computer's USB outlet, it will definitely charge more slowly.

Was the device on for much of the time you were charging it? That is, were you using it? Actively using the tablet while charging will also slow down the rate of charge.

Danny Vaper

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the original charger, and is it plugged into a wall outlet? That's always the fastest way to charge. 3rd party chargers might not provide the same amount of current, and might charge the device more slowly. If you're trying to charge by plugging into a computer's USB outlet, it will definitely charge more slowly.

Was the device on for much of the time you were charging it? That is, were you using it? Actively using the tablet while charging will also slow down the rate of charge.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I was using it while I was charging. I should've factored that in. Thanks!

Another question. Does my N7 have to be rooted to have a ROM installed? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you need to root any device in order to install a custom ROM. I don't have any rooting experience, but there are many on this site and others who do. Here's a subforum for that discussion: Google Nexus 7 (2012) Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. I would suggest, however, that you gain a fair amount of experience with Android before venturing into the custom ROM world, because you can very easily render your N7 useless with one wrong step!

Danny Vaper

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you need to root any device in order to install a custom ROM. I don't have any rooting experience, but there are many on this site and others who do. Here's a subforum for that discussion: Google Nexus 7 (2012) Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. I would suggest, however, that you gain a fair amount of experience with Android before venturing into the custom ROM world, because you can very easily render your N7 useless with one wrong step!

Thanks for the help, l really appreciate it. If I clear the cache of my apps will this erase any of the games memory? Thanks again! :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help, l really appreciate it. If I clear the cache of my apps will this erase any of the games memory? Thanks again! :)

Dunno but Barnabas Collins! Wow I miss that show. :D

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Danny Vaper

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Dunno but Barnabas Collins! Wow I miss that show. :D

Dark Shadows fan here. They just played all of the original series on TV a few weeks ago. It was great. I'm still afraid to watch the remake of it with Johnny Depp. I'm afraid that they might have messed it up. Lol!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Dark Shadows fan here. They just played all of the original series on TV a few weeks ago. It was great. I'm still afraid to watch the remake of it with Johnny Depp. I'm afraid that they might have messed it up. Lol!

Lucky you! I love the original. The remake in the 90s was pretty good but it didn't catch on. The new movie - I feel the same as you about it. :rolleyes::D

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Lucky you! I love the original. The remake in the 90s was pretty good but it didn't catch on. The new movie - I feel the same as you about it. :rolleyes::D

Netflix is removing the original Dark Shadows series from its library. So it will no longer be available via Netflix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey