Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Danny Vaper
  • 1 Post By Danny Vaper
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  • 1 Post By Danny Vaper
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Questions about my 2012 N7

    Well, considering I know nothing about tech, I was hoping someone would answer my questions and help me out with my N7.

    How long should it take to charge? I started Charging it at 12 p.m. And it was only at 91 percent at 5 p.m.

    What does flashing mean? What is a ROM, and do I want or need one?

    Is there a link to a tutorial that can teach me all of these things? Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Also, what is sideloading?

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Was your device all the way to 0% when you plugged it in? I wouldn't let it completely discharge before charging. If plugged into the wall, it shouldn't take more than 5 hours to fully charge.

    There are usually answers for all your questions in AC, either in the forums or search by key words.

    Sideloading is just downloading something from a site other than Google Play Store; a third party site.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

    Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    Was your device all the way to 0% when you plugged it in? I wouldn't let it completely discharge before charging. If plugged into the wall, it shouldn't take more than 5 hours to fully charge.

    There are usually answers for all your questions in AC, either in the forums or search by key words.

    Sideloading is just downloading something from a site other than Google Play Store; a third party site.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
    Its was only down to 40% when I plugged it in. I connected the battery properly yesterday and thought I had solved the problem. Thanks

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Are you using the original charger, and is it plugged into a wall outlet? That's always the fastest way to charge. 3rd party chargers might not provide the same amount of current, and might charge the device more slowly. If you're trying to charge by plugging into a computer's USB outlet, it will definitely charge more slowly.

    Was the device on for much of the time you were charging it? That is, were you using it? Actively using the tablet while charging will also slow down the rate of charge.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you using the original charger, and is it plugged into a wall outlet? That's always the fastest way to charge. 3rd party chargers might not provide the same amount of current, and might charge the device more slowly. If you're trying to charge by plugging into a computer's USB outlet, it will definitely charge more slowly.

    Was the device on for much of the time you were charging it? That is, were you using it? Actively using the tablet while charging will also slow down the rate of charge.
    Yeah, now that I think about it, I was using it while I was charging. I should've factored that in. Thanks!

    Another question. Does my N7 have to be rooted to have a ROM installed? Thanks!

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Yes, you need to root any device in order to install a custom ROM. I don't have any rooting experience, but there are many on this site and others who do. Here's a subforum for that discussion: Google Nexus 7 (2012) Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. I would suggest, however, that you gain a fair amount of experience with Android before venturing into the custom ROM world, because you can very easily render your N7 useless with one wrong step!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Yes, you need to root any device in order to install a custom ROM. I don't have any rooting experience, but there are many on this site and others who do. Here's a subforum for that discussion: Google Nexus 7 (2012) Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. I would suggest, however, that you gain a fair amount of experience with Android before venturing into the custom ROM world, because you can very easily render your N7 useless with one wrong step!
    Thanks for the help, l really appreciate it. If I clear the cache of my apps will this erase any of the games memory? Thanks again!

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Vaper View Post
    Thanks for the help, l really appreciate it. If I clear the cache of my apps will this erase any of the games memory? Thanks again!

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7
    Dunno but Barnabas Collins! Wow I miss that show.

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Dunno but Barnabas Collins! Wow I miss that show.

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Dark Shadows fan here. They just played all of the original series on TV a few weeks ago. It was great. I'm still afraid to watch the remake of it with Johnny Depp. I'm afraid that they might have messed it up. Lol!

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Vaper View Post
    Dark Shadows fan here. They just played all of the original series on TV a few weeks ago. It was great. I'm still afraid to watch the remake of it with Johnny Depp. I'm afraid that they might have messed it up. Lol!

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7
    Lucky you! I love the original. The remake in the 90s was pretty good but it didn't catch on. The new movie - I feel the same as you about it. :rolleyes:

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Lucky you! I love the original. The remake in the 90s was pretty good but it didn't catch on. The new movie - I feel the same as you about it. :rolleyes:

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Yes the 90's remake was actually very decent.

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Vaper View Post
    Thanks for the help, l really appreciate it. If I clear the cache of my apps will this erase any of the games memory? Thanks again!

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7
    I'm not sure--never tested that out myself.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Lucky you! I love the original. The remake in the 90s was pretty good but it didn't catch on. The new movie - I feel the same as you about it. :rolleyes:

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Netflix is removing the original Dark Shadows series from its library. So it will no longer be available via Netflix.
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

    Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    Netflix is removing the original Dark Shadows series from its library. So it will no longer be available via Netflix.
    I didn't know they had it. Now I'm sad they won't. :-/ I wonder if anyone else will have it. Hulu?

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Vaper View Post
    Yes the 90's remake was actually very decent.

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7
    Either one of them has to be better Than Johnny Depp as Barnabas! I can't even imagine that... :-/ :what:

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Danny Vaper likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Either one of them has to be better Than Johnny Depp as Barnabas! I can't even imagine that... :-/ :what:

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Lmao! I agree.

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Questions about my 2012 N7

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Vaper View Post
    Lmao! I agree.

    Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7


    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 02:17 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 08:55 PM
  3. my samsung s3 sayn usb device connected not recognised
    By chiku khomba in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM
  4. Note 3 case questions
    By ShaggyKids in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 08:02 PM
  5. Contacts Question..
    By burrism in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 01:35 PM

Posting Permissions

B