Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: Deleting photos from auto backup

How can I delete photos from auto backup? No Gallery or auto backup app listed in my apps accesed via settings. Cannot find the photos I want to delete in internal storage when connected to laptop via usb. Can find all other photos apart from some in auto backup the ones I want to delete.

Default Re: Deleting photos from auto backup

Quote Originally Posted by JACK27143 View Post
    How can I delete photos from auto backup? No Gallery or auto backup app listed in my apps accesed via settings. Cannot find the photos I want to delete in internal storage when connected to laptop via usb. Can find all other photos apart from some in auto backup the ones I want to delete.
    do it from here.. it will be gone https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/search/%23AutoBackup
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

the photos are still on my device but not on the the link so how do i delete from my nexus7. I acessed link via my laptop

May still need to sync, once it does you wont see the photos on your device.

I'm not too sure when or how the sync happens but it should at some point.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

it has synced twice but unwanted photos still on device in auto backup.can I get shut of auto backup alltogether?

If you go to the 'Photos' app rather than the gallery app, click on the 3 dots, go to setting and you turn it on or off in there.

I'm not sure why you're still seeing them though if has synced already?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

The only place the unwanted photos appear are in Gallery auto backup and they just will not delete. Can I reset my nexus7 back to factory settings? would this then get rid of the unwanted photos. I think I would lose all my other photos but it would be worth it but I have them backed up on my laptop. Many thanks for the help so far

The only place the unwanted photos appear are in Gallery auto backup and they just will not delete. Can I reset my nexus7 back to factory settings? would this then get rid of the unwanted photos. I think I would lose all my other photos but it would be worth it but I have them backed up on my laptop. Many thanks for the help so far
    I'm having the same problem.

Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7

I had the same problem on my nexus 5. Even though Google + does not show the photo in the auto backup gallery it is still there somehow and will keep synching with your device. To get rid of it go into gallery on your device and autobackup. Find the photo you don't want. Open it and in the menu view the details. It will tell you the photo name. It will be long so write it down. Open Google + and go to photos. Search for the full photo name. It should now show the photo and you can delete it. Clear you gallery cache on your device and re-synch. The photo will now be gone. Good times.

You are amazing good sir

I don't know were to start with. There are photos that I don't which to be there. Please help

I am using n8000 Samsung tablet

Default Re: Nexus 7: Deleting photos from auto backup