Free Beer to anyone who can help!!!

Kieran Donnelly

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Free Beer* for anyone who can help!

I have a serious problem with my nexus 7 (2012) which I have been researching and working on for many months now to no avail. For thus reason I am offering a free beer to anyone who can help (t's&c's apply)!

Background:
The device has stock 4.2.2 rooted installed along with Multirom which has CM10, paranoid android and Ubuntu (desktop).

All this ran fine for a while. I then noticed that if I made any change to the stock rom, update an app, download an app, change the wallpaper, download a file to any part of the filesystem... that when I rebooted the tablet that change would not be there... The wallpaper would be back as it was or the file simply didn't exist! It was as if the filesystem was mounted as non - persistent.

So I tried the other rooms on the tablet and realised they would not boot. All except Ubuntu which was working fine however doesn't mount the internal storage so I couldn't test any further.

I attempted to re flash back to stock. Using flashboot I cleared the cache, system, user data etc and had no errors and then flashed the stock rom. After rebooting my old system appeared to my surprise.

I have tried since then to re flash everything. Recovery won't update (currently TWRP) and the only time I get any error message is when trying to re flash the bootloader which is currently 4.18, everything seems to go well and then "signature match" appears on the tablet screen and it hangs leaving an error in the fastboot terminal reading "Remote: ()"

If anyone can help me fix this issue then the beer is yours... The only stipulation is you have to be in Ireland to claim it :) but what better excuse for a holiday ;)

Thanks in advance.
Kieran

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't help, but here's a free bump for you! Wish I knew the answer....always wanted to visit Ireland!!!

Posted via Android Central App