Help With Nexus 7 (2012) Bootloop Issue :(

Clare K1

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, The other day my Nexus 7's battery went, I put it on charge and when I switched it back on it was stuck on the Google splash screen. I left it quite a while till I tried to turn it off. It wouldn't turn off. I then found out how to get to the bootloader screen & tried various things there, But nothing worked. It's still stuck on the Google screen.

I then found out about the Wugs toolkit. I followed the instructions there but my Nexus won't unlock. I did the 'Flash Stock + Unroot' anyway, It didn't work (I think because the bootloader is locked)

Now I don't know what to try. I'm not really up to scratch on things like this so it's all pretty mind boggling. Does anyone have any ideas as to what will fix my issue?

The bootloader is version 4.23 and is locked. There is something called 'apply update from ADB' in the recovery menu. Could this work? I wouldn't know how to do it though.

Would appreciate any help. My Nexus is a few weeks out of warranty.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, The other day my Nexus 7's battery went, I put it on charge and when I switched it back on it was stuck on the Google splash screen. I left it quite a while till I tried to turn it off. It wouldn't turn off. I then found out how to get to the bootloader screen & tried various things there, But nothing worked. It's still stuck on the Google screen.

I then found out about the Wugs toolkit. I followed the instructions there but my Nexus won't unlock. I did the 'Flash Stock + Unroot' anyway, It didn't work (I think because the bootloader is locked)

Now I don't know what to try. I'm not really up to scratch on things like this so it's all pretty mind boggling. Does anyone have any ideas as to what will fix my issue?

The bootloader is version 4.23 and is locked. There is something called 'apply update from ADB' in the recovery menu. Could this work? I wouldn't know how to do it though.

Would appreciate any help. My Nexus is a few weeks out of warranty.

Welcome to the forums.
I would try to reboot into recovery and clear the cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html

Clare K1

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Have tried that a few times but it hasn't worked. Feel a bit lost now. Also tried the factory reset, But it goes to a no command screen that seems to be stuck (Flashes off every few seconds)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca