Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Help With Nexus 7 (2012) Bootloop Issue :(

Hi, The other day my Nexus 7's battery went, I put it on charge and when I switched it back on it was stuck on the Google splash screen. I left it quite a while till I tried to turn it off. It wouldn't turn off. I then found out how to get to the bootloader screen & tried various things there, But nothing worked. It's still stuck on the Google screen.

I then found out about the Wugs toolkit. I followed the instructions there but my Nexus won't unlock. I did the 'Flash Stock + Unroot' anyway, It didn't work (I think because the bootloader is locked)

Now I don't know what to try. I'm not really up to scratch on things like this so it's all pretty mind boggling. Does anyone have any ideas as to what will fix my issue?

The bootloader is version 4.23 and is locked. There is something called 'apply update from ADB' in the recovery menu. Could this work? I wouldn't know how to do it though.

Would appreciate any help. My Nexus is a few weeks out of warranty.

Global Posts
    21,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Help With Nexus 7 (2012) Bootloop Issue :(

Quote Originally Posted by Clare K1 View Post
    Hi, The other day my Nexus 7's battery went, I put it on charge and when I switched it back on it was stuck on the Google splash screen. I left it quite a while till I tried to turn it off. It wouldn't turn off. I then found out how to get to the bootloader screen & tried various things there, But nothing worked. It's still stuck on the Google screen.

I then found out about the Wugs toolkit. I followed the instructions there but my Nexus won't unlock. I did the 'Flash Stock + Unroot' anyway, It didn't work (I think because the bootloader is locked)

Now I don't know what to try. I'm not really up to scratch on things like this so it's all pretty mind boggling. Does anyone have any ideas as to what will fix my issue?

The bootloader is version 4.23 and is locked. There is something called 'apply update from ADB' in the recovery menu. Could this work? I wouldn't know how to do it though.

Would appreciate any help. My Nexus is a few weeks out of warranty.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try to reboot into recovery and clear the cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your reply. Have tried that a few times but it hasn't worked. Feel a bit lost now. Also tried the factory reset, But it goes to a no command screen that seems to be stuck (Flashes off every few seconds)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Do I need to unlock it to try and fix it?

Global Posts
    21,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Clare K1 View Post
    Do I need to unlock it to try and fix it?
    Sorry about the delayed responses. I am honestly not sure what to suggest to do next.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here