Help: How to share N7's WiFi over Bluetooth

thehyperone

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have my original Nexus 7 (no 3G) connected to WiFi while at work. My old phone has WiFi issues and a data-less prepaid plan (can't beat $16/mo). I'd like my phone to connect to my Nexus 7 over Bluetooth and use the WiFi connection on the tablet. There's no option in my Nexus 7's settings to tether over Bluetooth. Does anyone know of an app in the Play Store that will do this? There's a bunch to share a 3G connection over Bluetooth but I haven't found anything to share the WiFi connection. I'm not rooted but I can do so if needed. Any suggestions?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know you cannot share WiFi. In fact if you have WiFi turned on and try to turn on tethering your phone will shut off WiFi automatically. I don't think Bluetooth was designed to handle data like that. My guess is that no one is developing anything for sharing WiFi because most devices have WiFi already, so why share thru tethering? Plus devices can't have two WiFi connections simultaneously because of their radio sets. If there is someone developing WiFi over Bluetooth they are doing so for a custom rom. I'd check over at XDA forums, if it even exists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol