Nexus 7 2012 won't update Android.

Fangnfx13

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got a refurbished 2012 nexus 7 and it's working great except it's stuck on Android 4.1.2. If I go to check for an update it just says it's up to date.

I have searched all over looking for a way to get the updates but I'm not seeing a solution. I did try force stopping Google services framework and clearing the data but it still says it's up to date.

Are they no longer giving updates to this model or is something wrong on my end?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got a refurbished 2012 nexus 7 and it's working great except it's stuck on Android 4.1.2. If I go to check for an update it just says it's up to date.

I have searched all over looking for a way to get the updates but I'm not seeing a solution. I did try force stopping Google services framework and clearing the data but it still says it's up to date.

Are they no longer giving updates to this model or is something wrong on my end?

Factory reset and try again.

Or sideload the update using the official links from AOSP.

James Ring Jr

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2012 Nexus 7 that won't update to the new 4.4.4 Kitkat.
I get a notification weekly to update the system, but when I do it ends up with a picture of the open chested robot that says ERROR!
Is there a limitation on how far dated tablet will be updated?
Any ideas what I can do?
Jim

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis