HELP Nexus Won't Unlock...

Clare K1

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 7's (2012) battery went and I charged it up. When I switched it back on it was stuck in a 'Google' bootloop. I tried the recovery menu options to fix it but nothing worked. I've been reading lots of forums etc.. and have found a few solutions but they require the bootloader to be unlocked. Mine won't unlock.

I have never rooted or tried to before. My Nexus was stock (4.4.2 & a 4.23 bootloader) and have never touched the USB Debugging option. (So don't know if it's on or off)

I don't know what to do with it now. I've tried to 'fastboot oem unlock' and also have tried the Wugs toolkit. The unlock screen does come up on my Nexus, I press the power button for 'yes' and it either goes into a google loop (Using Wugs) or it will say 'unlocking now..' at the top of the bootloader screen indefinitely (Using the command prompt way)

I think that the drivers are okay as it does show the serial numer when I type 'fastboot devices' but it does have to be in 'Apply update from ADB' mode to show the serial number when I type 'adb devices'

Does this sound right? I have tried a couple of different drivers.

Can anyone help? My nexus is a Month out of warranty now so can't get a replacement.. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan