Adding an app to "complete action using" screen

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to add an app to the selections offered when clicking on a music file? Or is it necessary to always use the app (Audio Xciter) itself to play the file?
Thanks.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Usually the system will ,detect if multiple programs on the device are capable of reading the audio file, but his usually only happens in file explorers to my knowledge. So for example, say you are in es file explorer and click on a .jpeg file. The system will detect if you have gallery and photos plus the built in es image broswer. When this event occurs, the system will display the select app menu. So,to add an apptothis menu, simply install an app that can reconize the files you want, go into the storage acess framework of in kitkat, or download a file explorer to activate the menu.

Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Usually the system will ,detect if multiple programs on the device are capable of reading the audio file, but his usually only happens in file explorers to my knowledge. So for example, say you are in es file explorer and click on a .jpeg file. The system will detect if you have gallery and photos plus the built in es image broswer. When this event occurs, the system will display the select app menu. So,to add an apptothis menu, simply install an app that can reconize the files you want, go into the storage acess framework of in kitkat, or download a file explorer to activate the menu.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not knowing what "storage access framework" is I Googled it and found myself way over my head. I think I'd better leave well enough alone LOL. But I appreciate your help.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. Not knowing what "storage access framework" is I Googled it and found myself way over my head. I think I'd better leave well enough alone LOL. But I appreciate your help.

I can help you with that too. In android kitkat, the storage acess framework is simply a built in file explorer that is only activated when an app needs the user to select a file. That is all.

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I can help you with that too. In android kitkat, the storage acess framework is simply a built in file explorer that is only activated when an app needs the user to select a file. That is all.

If you can make the directions simple enough for someone who is in very advanced years, I will be happy to try.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol