Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarksideDave69
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped Nexus 7 [2012]

I've just dropped my Nexus 7 off my knee about a foot onto a carpeted floor and now the screen is black and not responding to any button presses. If I plug the charger in the charging screen comes on for about three seconds. If I press power and volume down the screen shows random flickering white pixels like static interference. How can I get the screen working again please?

Default Re: Dropped Nexus 7 [2012]

Quote Originally Posted by DarksideDave69 View Post
    I've just dropped my Nexus 7 off my knee about a foot onto a carpeted floor and now the screen is black and not responding to any button presses. If I plug the charger in the charging screen comes on for about three seconds. If I press power and volume down the screen shows random flickering white pixels like static interference. How can I get the screen working again please?
    Eek sounds like it could be broke pal, keep it turned off for at least an hour and then turn it back on....

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
    Thanked by:

Welcome to Android Central! The drop might have jarred a connection loose. If you're adventurous, you could open the back and check them. Here's a video demonstrating it:

Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! The drop might have jarred a connection loose. If you're adventurous, you could open the back and check them. Here's a video demonstrating it:

Thanks B. Diddy! Opened it up this morning and pushed the battery contacts back in with the flat end of a bamboo skewer! Not quite how it said on the video but job done.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Well done!