1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Clock question

Hi I just received my nexus 7 and love it.... But I have to ask. After scouring the forums and Internet I can't seem to find the solution to my problem : on the top left of the screen is the notification tray that if you swipe down you will see the time and date and any notifications you may have (email, hangouts, etc.). When I click on the time and date, instead of taking me to the clock app (and by doing so allowing me to set a alarm or check the word click or timer) it takes me to the time settings... Which doesn't seem intuitive or logical to me. Please help out a noob here a few let me know if I'm missing something glaringly obvious or if is how everyone's nexus 7 acts...
    I'm running kicker 4.4 stock

Thanks again in advance
    😊😊😊😊😊

Default Re: Clock question

Quote Originally Posted by seilosx View Post
    Hi I just received my nexus 7 and love it.... But I have to ask. After scouring the forums and Internet I can't seem to find the solution to my problem : on the top left of the screen is the notification tray that if you swipe down you will see the time and date and any notifications you may have (email, hangouts, etc.). When I click on the time and date, instead of taking me to the clock app (and by doing so allowing me to set a alarm or check the word click or timer) it takes me to the time settings... Which doesn't seem intuitive or logical to me. Please help out a noob here a few let me know if I'm missing something glaringly obvious or if is how everyone's nexus 7 acts...
    I'm running kicker 4.4 stock

Thanks again in advance
    ����������
    Well, In this case i would say you are a noob !! it is happening because that clock is there to show you the time not to take you to the clock or.... something like that ??? when you tap it takes you to the clock setting in order to set time ...... as you can see the clock on the top, why to wonder for clock app, if you are finding some problems in looking at that clock then i think you should add a clock wid-gadget on the home screen. Android doesn't take you to any clock app the clock you are seeing is already an clock app... !!
    Kelly Burby
    Senior Web Analyst

Welcome to Android Central! If you place one of the clock widgets on a homescreen, tapping that will open the Clock app.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, In this case i would say you are a noob !! it is happening because that clock is there to show you the time not to take you to the clock or.... something like that ??? when you tap it takes you to the clock setting in order to set time ...... as you can see the clock on the top, why to wonder for clock app, if you are finding some problems in looking at that clock then i think you should add a clock wid-gadget on the home screen. Android doesn't take you to any clock app the clock you are seeing is already an clock app... !!
    Haha yea I guess I am a noob when it comes to the nexus 7. My confusion came from my experience with my rooted Verizon Galaxy nexus. I dont know if it was a specific rom or setting but I distinctly remembered pulling down the notification bar, clicking the clock and being redirected to the actual clock app. Same thing for the calender being accessed through clicking the date and time. Anyway thanks again for the help at least I know I'm not totally crazy 😁

Global Posts
    13,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by seilosx View Post
    Haha yea I guess I am a noob when it comes to the nexus 7. My confusion came from my experience with my rooted Verizon Galaxy nexus. I dont know if it was a specific rom or setting but I distinctly remembered pulling down the notification bar, clicking the clock and being redirected to the actual clock app. Same thing for the calender being accessed through clicking the date and time. Anyway thanks again for the help at least I know I'm not totally crazy 
    The pulling the shade down and tapping the clock will bring you to settings in Stock Android. Just tried it on my N5. The feature you were referring to had to be part of a custom OS.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here