Nexus 7 dead as a door nail any advice??

eyebonk

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ive tried searching around for an answer but to be honest im not 100% what im looking for. Basically i have a 2 year old asus nexus 7 which as i said is totally life less, no screen flash when holding the power button / volume buttons etc, no charging icon when plugged in, absolutely nothing.... the only thing i can get out of it is if I plug it into my laptop, my laptop makes the noise like a usb device has been connected but no drive appears and the laptop says its an unrecognized device. Im not quite sure what happened to it, one day it worked and the next nothing. Ive never done anything to it to change it from the standard settings apart from the android updates. Im wondering can anyone suggest anything i could try or should i just accept its going to spend the rest of its days as an expensive coffee tray or frisbee?

Rindog

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Had the Nexus been asleep when you then tried to open it or had it been turned off and now nothing when you tried to start it? What was the battery charge last time you used it? The only thing I can think of off hand is plug it into the usb port on your laptop and let it charge for several hours. and then see if you get anything.

eyebonk

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi thanks for getting back to me, Ive already ran through the instructions on the Google page but I still don't get anything from the device. Ive also tried leaving it plugged into the usb port overnight but still nothing.
One thing I didn't mention before that it did go back to Asus a year or so ago as it wouldn't boot past the Google logo but it was returned and fixed.
Ive also tried ringing Asus for any advise but because its out of warranty they basically don't want to know.