Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Nexus 7 (G1) linking to TV/Youtube

Hi guys

Got a new TV (sony KDL42W653) and for a while the nexus 7 found the TV fine. On the youtube app a little TV icon popped up in the top left and meant that pressing it the whole thing went to the TV seamlessly. This has now disappeared.

How does this work? is it just through my WiFi? or is it direct to my TV?

cant seem to get the thing working again despite settings on the nexus and the TV. bluetooth etc doesn't make a difference

Searching online I found https://support.google.com/youtube/a...30451?hl=en-GB the automatic pairing is what I had and I have now tried forcing the pair which doesn't work... what have I done?!?!

thanks for future help!

Default Re: Nexus 7 (G1) linking to TV/Youtube

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure if this will work, but go to Settings>Display>Cast screen, and see if it can locate your TV. Look at this thread on Google's product forum page, at the bottom (from Jan 28): https://productforums.google.com/for...w/PESYgINqgjsJ
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the quick reply, I have been to the cast setting it doesn't find the TV. makes me think I might have turned the option off on the TV side somehow.

The link you supplied me with is about screen mirroring which uses miracast which I believe the Nexus 7 doesn't have?

Wouldn't mind if I couldn't do it but I was doing it! so something must have changed somehow.

To be honest, I can't tell if the people who said they could mirror the screen were using Miracast or not. Earlier posts in that thread did mention Miracast, but not the later ones. I don't have a definite answer for you, sorry!