1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Video Scaling Distortion in Flixster App

Video playback is distorted when using the Flixster app on my Nexus 7 (2012) running Android 4.4. HD videos are squeezed so they only display horizontally in about 20% of the middle of the screen. SD videos only use about 60% of the screen. This looks like a video scaling problem, like the videos are not being stretched all the way out to fit my screen.

I have tried forcing the Flixster app to stop, clearing the app cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, downloading videos to play offline inside the app rather than streaming them, and rebooting the Nexus. Nothing fixes the problem. Other non-Flixster videos and images seem to display normally on the Nexus 7, and the Flixster videos play normally on my other devices.

I sent an email to Flixster support, but in case they don't reply, does anyone here have suggestions about how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Default Re: Video Scaling Distortion in Flixster App

You're not alone. I have the exact same problem. "Rock of Ages" starts like this, and if I stop and start 3-4 times it eventually ends up widescreen and in the correct format. "Perfect Storm" on the other hand doesn't start out as distorted, but is still squeezed side to side and I have never been able to play normally on my Nexus 7.

BTW, both of the movies play fine on my iPhone and PC. (Downloaded or streamed)

I hope ther is a solution to this.