Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brosko
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Battery Usage??!

My nexus runs through so much battery it's ridiculous. Mainly due the the screen, it uses 64% of my battery according to my settings. I don't have an active wallpaper, and my brightness is on the lowest setting. Can anyone help?

I have an older nexus tablet which I don't use much because it's just 8gigs, but the screen on it only uses 11% battery.

Default Re: Nexus 7 Battery Usage??!

Welcome to Android Central! The percentages don't always tell the whole story. If you're using the device a lot, a high screen percentage may mean that other processes are working efficiently and not using up much battery. What is more important is how many hours of screen-on time you're getting. In the Battery Stats, tap on Screen, and tell us how much screen-on time there has been, and how much total battery has been used.

Default Re: Nexus 7 Battery Usage??!

Well said B. Diddy! Imagine if you just have the device on the home screen with the screen turned on and are doing nothing of course the great majority of your battery drain is going to come from the screen, as it is the only thing working that is causing any significant drain. Seeing 64% of battery usage for the screen doesn't mean it is using 64% of your entire battery only that it is responsible for that percentage of total battery drain when compared to all other sources. You could use let's say, 10% of battery in an hour and if all you were doing is (for some reason)looking at a photo then the battery stats would say 75% or some high percentage like that is from screen usage (the rest maybe from OS or other processes etc).Point is screen didn't use 75% of your battery only 75% of that 10% of total battery usage.
    B. Diddy likes this.