Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Nexus 7 not recognized by computer

Go to device manager

find your device...should be under the name with ADB included

Right click the device under the drop down menu

Click Update Drive Software...

Click 'Browse my computer for driver software

Click 'Let me pick from list of device...'

Should give you either 2 or three options

Click on 'MTP USB Device'

Not sure if you ever fixed your problem, but I had this problem recently, and while trying everything that was suggested, I stumbled upon this solution. Hope it is still relevant to someone out there still struggling with this madness.

enable usb debugging in developer options. worked like a charm on my nexus 7 2013!

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Apply hard reset on the device and check drivers in device manager.
    use this tool Android factory flasher

Quote Originally Posted by d.k2 View Post
    Apply hard reset on the device and check drivers in device manager.
    Hard reset shouldn't be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    The following steps might different depending on your version of Windows and what driver your PC loaded for your device. But idea is to uninstall the driver your PC is using and disconnect your Nexus 7 and reconnect.

Go into Devices and Printers on your windows PC >>> Right click your Nexus 7 >>> Properties >>> Hardware >>> Properties >>> Change settings >>> Driver >>> Uninstall. >>>>> Done >>>> Then unplug Nexus 7 and replug and Windows should load the correct driver and Nexus 7 should be recognized.
    This way worked for me ... thanks.
    When i was deep in there it said the driver was samsung. Id say conflict there between asus and samsung causes it to be an issue.
    jdbii likes this.

Hey, I am new to this site and I'd like to share you with some thoughts on your problem.
    I've been there once with my computer and I finally got it back to normal by getting a USB drivers right for my device from a website named Driversguru or something like that.
    The thing is, I've always get all my drivers updated from this site. There're always almost all kinds of latest drivers for you. And they seem to have a regular updating process, so you could always get the newest drivers once they're released.
    Hope this could help.
    Good luck.

After updating to 5.0.2 on my N7 2012, my PC wouldn't recognize it. I tried numerous things and the tablet USB connection was set to (MTP). I decided to change that to Camera (PTP) and viola, it was recognized and I was at least able to work with photos and video. For the heck of it, I changed it back to (MTP) and it was instantly recognized, why, I have no idea, but starting with PTP and then switching to MTP seemed to kick start it and it fixed the problem.

I had the same USB issue after updating to Android v.5.0.2. I resolved the problem by: 1. Start tablet. 2. Swipe down on the opening page. 3. Tap the "Connected as a ........" window. 3. Select Camera (PTP) check box then select Media device (MTP) check box. That's it!

Pretty much the same thing that I did. Wish I'd tried that sooner because I spent a few hours trying other things but nothing else was working for me. Live and learn!

Many thanks!! Easy solution. I really appreciated the fact that you posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentient Being View Post
    I found this solution to the above problem. I too was perplexed with this USB connectivity issue with my Nexus 7 2...
    This method is so simple, but it seems very elusive:

Check the USB settings on the Nexus 7
    - Open the Nexus Settings App
    - Select Storage (It should show space used by programs, media, etc)
    - Open the menu (the 3 dot icon - in upper right corner on my model)
    - Select USB Computer Connection
    - Make sure the Media Device (MTP) is check marked by touching the check box
    This makes the Nexus 7 look like a drive when connected via USB

You can now try connecting the Nexus 7 to the computer via the USB cable.
    This fixed my problem. Thanks mate.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123