Nexus 7 not recognized by computer

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Doing the uninstall for the "ACER Composite ADB Interface" driver solved the problem for me. Deleted driver unplugged Nexus and plugged it back into the USB and it installed the correct driver and is now working correctly.

vgjfelix

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, deleting the Acer ADB driver solved my Nexus 9 problem!

I have a strange request though. Is there anyway I could replicate this problem again? I want to make a video on how to fix it! :)

VGJFelix

rockstang

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
:cool:Odd fix that worked for me was installing samsung kies. I don't know why it worked but it began recognizing my 2012 nexus 7 after adding kies. I had it installed for a galaxy s4 that I replaced with a new one plus one. Once installing the OPO my nexus 7 was no longer recognized. I thought maybe it was some kindof conflict with the new phone, but reinstalling the old drivers worked. Hope this helps! :cool:

Brian Patino

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok so this worked for me:
1. Go into your tablet/phone's general settings>storage>USB computer connection (3-dot setting)
2. Check Media device (MTP)
3. Manually install google USB driver as described above.

This combination of steps fixed my connection issue =)

hihovda

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi
had the same problem. The computer (even an Asus:p), was able to recognize the tablet when in PTP mode, but couldn't transfer the files I wanted. My problem under devices manager was actually that the pc had installed the asus driver under a samsung driver for some reason. Maybe because I used to have a Samsung Galaxy phone before? Anyway, uninstalled and deleted this file, then re-connected the tablet and finally it worked.
Thanks for all the good advices :)

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I have also been having the same issue with a Windows 8.1 Acer. I was wanting to transfer some tracks from my CDs onto my tablet player, but of course came stuck when the laptop refused to recognize the Nexus 7. I tried the above ideas, they did not work for me, but hopefully will work for others. If they don't though, I found something that worked for me, I just tried as an off-chance so pleased when it worked!

Go to the mentioned settings screen on your tablet, click the 3 dots and 'USB Computer connection' but instead of clicking (MTP) option, try the (PTP) option, for some reason my laptop was able to then recognize the tablet as a camera and could transfer files back and forth no problem!

This worked for me.
ASUS running running Windows 8.1
Unlocked, Unrooted N7 2012.
Switched from MTP to PTP and computer recognized my N7
Updated to 5.02 via ADB without a problem.
Thank you.

Shidoran

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
This was starting to be a big headache, but removing the ACER drivers worked perfectly for me thanks!! For others, make sure when you uninstall you remove the driver and the driver software (this will probably prevent it reinstalling)

Mohammed Sultan

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hai
Thanks after updating to Lollipop(5.0) my tablet also not supported via USB, after reading your post, now my Tablet is connected with USB. Meantime I tried different cables to connect but it is not supported till enabling the MTP box. Google updated software but not user friendly steps provided in Lollipop I think.

Could you suggest any application for Backup of all application, now i would like to Hard Reset because my tablet to run smoothly. After updating my tablet from kitkat to lollipop it's get so slow. And can you suggest any free and genuine "antivirus".

Denisse Perez

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Go to device manager

find your device...should be under the name with ADB included

Right click the device under the drop down menu

Click Update Drive Software...

Click 'Browse my computer for driver software

Click 'Let me pick from list of device...'

Should give you either 2 or three options

Click on 'MTP USB Device'

Not sure if you ever fixed your problem, but I had this problem recently, and while trying everything that was suggested, I stumbled upon this solution. Hope it is still relevant to someone out there still struggling with this madness.

owenscott

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The following steps might different depending on your version of Windows and what driver your PC loaded for your device. But idea is to uninstall the driver your PC is using and disconnect your Nexus 7 and reconnect.

Go into Devices and Printers on your windows PC >>> Right click your Nexus 7 >>> Properties >>> Hardware >>> Properties >>> Change settings >>> Driver >>> Uninstall. >>>>> Done >>>> Then unplug Nexus 7 and replug and Windows should load the correct driver and Nexus 7 should be recognized.

This way worked for me ... thanks.
When i was deep in there it said the driver was samsung. Id say conflict there between asus and samsung causes it to be an issue.

Florencio069

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I am new to this site and I'd like to share you with some thoughts on your problem.
I've been there once with my computer and I finally got it back to normal by getting a USB drivers right for my device from a website named Driversguru or something like that.
The thing is, I've always get all my drivers updated from this site. There're always almost all kinds of latest drivers for you. And they seem to have a regular updating process, so you could always get the newest drivers once they're released.
Hope this could help.
Good luck.

Marty Scheetz

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
After updating to 5.0.2 on my N7 2012, my PC wouldn't recognize it. I tried numerous things and the tablet USB connection was set to (MTP). I decided to change that to Camera (PTP) and viola, it was recognized and I was at least able to work with photos and video. For the heck of it, I changed it back to (MTP) and it was instantly recognized, why, I have no idea, but starting with PTP and then switching to MTP seemed to kick start it and it fixed the problem.

Rick2814

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the same USB issue after updating to Android v.5.0.2. I resolved the problem by: 1. Start tablet. 2. Swipe down on the opening page. 3. Tap the "Connected as a ........" window. 3. Select Camera (PTP) check box then select Media device (MTP) check box. That's it!

Peg Neal

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Pretty much the same thing that I did. Wish I'd tried that sooner because I spent a few hours trying other things but nothing else was working for me. Live and learn!

Darrenski

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I found this solution to the above problem. I too was perplexed with this USB connectivity issue with my Nexus 7 2...
This method is so simple, but it seems very elusive:

Check the USB settings on the Nexus 7
- Open the Nexus Settings App
- Select Storage (It should show space used by programs, media, etc)
- Open the menu (the 3 dot icon - in upper right corner on my model)
- Select USB Computer Connection
- Make sure the Media Device (MTP) is check marked by touching the check box
This makes the Nexus 7 look like a drive when connected via USB

You can now try connecting the Nexus 7 to the computer via the USB cable.

This fixed my problem. Thanks mate.

Mischiew

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Using the procedure linked below worked here. It comes from a previous driver installed - in this case by a Galaxy device, which is not specific enough in its vendor and product ID. Sloppy practice from some vendors as Samsung and some others.

www asus com/support/Knowledge-Detail/28/2/Nexus_7/D53452AE-143C-42F1-BDC1-7F168085F0D7/

(unfortunately this poor site won't let me post an URL, so you'll have to copy / edit it)

Drawen Drawen said:
Have you tried to change the USB cable ?, it was the solution in my case
That was already suggested just above and turned down, people just don't read do they? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton