Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lau74
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sharing to mydrive

I am all new to android, been having the nexus7/2013 abt a week now, only problem so far is when sharing a webpage to my drive, the htmlviewer pops up but showing only the URL address, nothing else. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: sharing to mydrive

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about--are you referring to some app or service called MyDrive?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

hi, Im talking abt the standard app Drive (on my device called My Drive). When i want to save for ex. an article, I press on the 3 small grey squares in the top right-hand corner and choose save and then Drive. Everything seems to go ok, but when I open it on Drive, come the alternatives File Editor/HTMLViewer, and the final result in both cases is only: http//mobile.reuters.com/article/idUS............ Where does the content of the article go?

That's Google Drive you're referring to. It seems to me that sharing a website from Chrome to Google Drive will only save the URL. What you may want to do instead is to select the "Print" option in Chrome, and select PDF as the output. This will save the website as a PDF file, and you can choose to save it locally or in Google Drive.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

thank you very much, Mr Ambassador, problem solved. Just makes one wonder how the minds of codewriters work.
    All the best Lau
    B. Diddy likes this.