1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Password-protect documents, or folders?

I am back at using my N7 more creatively, these days, and I have a need to keep a small amount of information in a passworded document (or folder, actually).

Best tools for such a thing?

Default Re: Password-protect documents, or folders?

i use a password protected MS Word/Excel File with Strong Encryption and OfficeSuite Pro Android App to store/access my secure data in a password protected encrypted file. the beauty is you can open this file on any device from ANYWHERE in the world with MS Word/Excel or Android equivalent and internet access. both support Office 2007+ Super Strong 128 Bit Encryption/Password.

i like the free-flow format and the open standard of an MS Word/Excel File vs. a "mom and pop" Password App. i don't like relying on some mom and pop locked black box proprietary closed format that could lose support or trap my data or go out of business. and MS Word /Excel and Office Suite Pro/Documents To Go is free if you already have it.

i then use Dropbox and simply dump this Word/Excel file in my Dropbox so it is available to me from any device anywhere in the world and it is always updated and in sync - and it is encrypted and password protected.

Dropbox and SugarSync referrals here!