Uninstalled app but it is still appearing in list of apps and can't re-install
So I wanted to install Flash Player for KitKat, instructions found at [Guide][Flash]How to play flash video on Android 4.4 Kitkat - xda-developers
I easily installed it on my Nexus 4 but I am having issues with Nexus 7 and the problem is not with the instructions or the downloaded apk. Here is what is happening
I had to un-install the older version of Flash Player (did the same on Nexus 4) which I did but it didn't quite get removed completely because once I tried to installed the apk, I started getting the error message "An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed".
Upon closer look it turns out that something remains of the older Flash player on my Nexus 7 and I also noticed that something of "Angry bird" (which I uninstalled a while back) also remains on my device but now I can't remove whatever is there because according to the android, those apps were uninstalled.
I can see both apps listed as "not installed" in the list of "Downloaded" apps within Settings. I don't see any other app as "Not Installed" so that is why I think something fishy is going on here. I have restarted my tablet after the uninstall
Screenshots are attached.
Any idea how I can remove these apps properly?
- 02-19-2014, 11:32 AM #2
- By puterman in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-04-2014, 07:58 AM
- By emg75189 in forum LG G2Replies: 13Last Post: 02-28-2014, 12:30 PM
- By cocu sc in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2014, 10:39 AM
- By restockton in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2014, 10:39 AM
- By TDK180XQEB in forum Other TabletsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2014, 09:43 AM